Search Results for: emission
June 11, 2014
- Sustainability: New Carbon Emission Standards | Video
- The Environmental Protection Agency has announced new carbon emission standards for power plants, which are the single biggest producer of gases that are thought to lead to global warming. Sandy Bahr, Chapter Director of the Sierra Club – Grand Canyon Chapter, will discuss the new rules, along with Henry Darwin, head of the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
July 6, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Asteroid Exploration | Video
- The newly announced OSIRIS-Rex NASA mission to collect a sample of an asteroid and return it to Earth will include an instrument built at Arizona State University's School of Earth and Space Exploration (SESE). This Thermal Emission Spectrometer, similar to those used on the Mars Rovers, will be the first such instrument for spaceflight to be built at ASU. In addition to a background report on asteroids and OSIRIS-Rex, Mission Instrument Scientist Phil Christensen will discuss the technology and challenges associated with the project.
November 18, 2009
- Navajo Generating Station | Video
- The EPA may force the Navajo Generating Station to install expensive emission controls on the coal-fired power plant located in Page, Arizona. The plant has long been criticized for contributing to haze in the Grand Canyon. Central Arizona Project Board President Susan Bitter Smith explains how new emission controls could impact the price of water.