Search Results for: elderly
July 29, 2015
- Medicare, Medicaid 50th Anniversary | Video
- Medicare and Medicaid, which provide health insurance to the elderly and those in need, celebrates 50 years of existence July 30th. David Sayen, the regional administrator for Medicare and Medicaid, will talk about the two insurance programs.
July 20, 2015
- Book: “The Eldercare Consultant” | Video
- Phoenix resident Becky Feola spent a decade caring for her husband, who had Huntington’s Disease. She then worked with thousands of families to help them make decisions for providing care for an ill or aging loved one. That led Feola to writing the book “The Eldercare Consultant, Your Guide to Making the Best Choices Possible.” Feola will discuss her book and how to make the right choices in caring for the ill and elderly.
April 30, 2015
- ASU/Westward Ho Partnership | Video
- There’s a new partnership that will help provide educational experiences and help for elderly residents of a Phoenix landmark. Arizona State University’s Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy and developers of the Westward Ho building have entered an agreement that will provide limited medical checks and other services for the residents of the building and educational opportunities for students in various fields of study at ASU. Dr. Michael S. Shafer, professor of Social Work and director of the ASU Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy in the College of Public Service and Community Solutions, will discuss the new program.
February 29, 2012
- Poverty in Arizona | Video
- ASU economist Tom Rex discusses his new report that shows Arizona poverty rates are higher than the national rates for all demographic groups except seniors.