Search Results for: earthquake
October 17, 2013
- Earthquake Preparedness | Video
- Millions of people worldwide practiced how to “Drop, Cover, and Hold On” during an earthquake at 10:17 a.m. on October 17* during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills! Although Arizona is not known for devastating earthquakes, the event was held here as well. Michael Conway, Chief of the Geologic Extension Service from the Arizona Geological Survey, will talk about the event and Arizona earthquakes.
November 26, 2012
- U.S.-Mexico Colorado River Water Agreement | Video
- The United States and Mexico have a new agreement on Colorado River water. The new deal will allow the U.S. to get a one-time increased allotment from the river in exchange for $10 million and helping Mexico to repair canals damaged in a 2010 earthquake. It also lets Mexico store water in Lake Mead, which will boost water levels by 15 feet and could lead to more tourism at the lake.
April 23, 2012
- Japan Tsunami Relief & Photography | Video
- Last spring, ASU photography major Airi Katsuta travelled to Japan to volunteer in the earthquake/tsunami recovery effort. Now, she’s selling 1,000 origami cranes to raise money for a return trip to continue her volunteer work. Katsuta talks about her experience in Japan, and she shares some of the photographs she captured during her stay.
April 19, 2011
- Arizona Geological Survey | Video
- He recently briefed the Arizona Corporation Commission about earthquake hazards near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. Lee Allison, state geologist and director of the Arizona Geological Survey, talks about the state’s seismic monitoring network which is due to run out of funding this summer; earth fissures; and what may be a large deposit of a highly sought- after mineral near Holbrook.
November 15, 2005
- International Emergency Responders
- Emergency response professionals from around the world will meet in Phoenix to talk about saving lives and protecting property during emergencies, and the similarities and differences of disaster response efforts between various nations. Gunnar Keupper, president of the International Association of Emergency Managers, joins us to talk about the impact, response and consequences of the Kashmir earthquake that claimed up to 80-thousand lives in Central Asia.
January 4, 2005
- Tsunami Relief
- Food and medical supplies are on the way for those who survived the earthquake and the Tsunami in Southeast Asia. But relief agencies and nonprofit are still asking for support in the aftermath of the worst natural disaster in the past century. We'll look at local efforts to help.