Search Results for: dust
July 19, 2011
- Valley Fever | Video
- John Galgiani, MD, Director of the Valley Fever Center for Excellence at the University of Arizona College of Medicine explains why he expects a significant increase in Valley Fever infections following the huge dust storm that swept across the Valley on July 5th.
July 6, 2011
- Dust Storm | Video
- The dust storm that reduced visibility to nearly zero and made thousands of people lose power.
August 30, 2010
- Dust Pollution Sanctions | Video
- Lindy Bauer, Environmental Director for the Maricopa Association of Governments, discusses the severe financial sanctions Maricopa County will face if the EPA disapproves a MAG dust reduction plan thatâ€™s been in effect since 2007.
June 1, 2010
- Air Quality Violations | Video
- Maricopa County is in danger of losing millions of dollars in federal funding because of repeated violations for dust in the air. Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Director Benjamin Grumbles explains the situation.
July 17, 2007
- Air Quality
- Arizona's efforts to control dust pollution in the valley have failed to satisfy the EPA. The state now faces a deadline to deal with the problem. Senator Carolyn Allen discusses the issue.
April 18, 2007
- Air Quality
- The Phoenix area continues to violate the federal health standard for PM-10 airborne particulates, or dust. Find out what needs to be done to meet a deadline (at the end of this year) for a plan to reduce particulate pollution by five percent a year until the standard is met.
Guests: Steve Owens – Director, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Bob Kard – Director, Maricopa County’s Air Quality Department
ADEQ Web site: http://www.azdeq.gov/index.html
Maricopa County’s Air Quality Web site: http://www.maricopa.gov/aq/
Maricopa County’s BringBackBlue.org Clean Air Initiative: http://www.bringbackblue.org/