Search Results for: dogs
August 4, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Pet Connections | Video
- When Hospice of the Valley patients need a little lift, they can turn to four-legged friends. Therapy teams make weekly or bi-weekly visits to homes and professional care settings. We’re not talking just dogs and cats. We’ll introduce you to Lilly, a 30-inch tall, 250-pound miniature horse, and Myrtle, the 107-year old patient who looks forward to her visits.
May 28, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Fix.Adopt.Save. Campaign | Video
- Nearly 90,000 dogs and cats came into Maricopa County shelters last year, the second highest county intake in the U.S. after Los Angeles County. There is a solution. The Fix.Adopt.Save. initiative is designed to increase spay/neuter surgeries and adoptions. Heather Sheston, project manager for Fix.Adopt.Save., and Melissa Gable, a spokeswoman of Maricopa County Animal Care and Control, will discuss the issue.
January 20, 2014
- Artwalk the Dog | Video
- Scottsdale held its first Artwalk in the downtown area 39 years ago and as such, the event is often described as “America’s original Artwalk.” That Artwalk has been expanded to include dogs. We take you on that Artwalk.
November 4, 2013
- AZ Giving and Leading: Soldier’s Best Friend | Video
- Veterans returning from war sometimes do not return alone. They may be accompanied by post-traumatic stress disorder or traumatic brain injuries. Soldier’s Best Friend is a Glendale-based organization that pairs up service or therapeutic companion dogs with soldiers suffering the impacts of war. Most dogs are rescued from local shelters. We’ll take a look at veterans who are benefiting from service dogs provided by Soldier’s Best Friend.
March 4, 2013
- Gabriel’s Angels | Video
- Gabriel’s Angels brings pet therapy to abused, neglected and at-risk children throughout Arizona. The organization, with offices in Phoenix and Tucson, was named after Gabriel, the first dog to be used in therapy. The Angels are the kids receiving the help. Gabriel’s Angels has nearly 150 Therapy Teams delivering pet therapy to over 100 agencies. Gabriel’s Angels founder and CEO Pam Gaber will tell us more.
February 9, 2012
- Adopt a Pound Dog | Video
- Dozens of “E-list” dogs (those scheduled to be euthanized) are being transferred from shelters all over the state to Tempe for a special pet adoption event February 11th and 12th. Longtime pet rescue volunteer Cathy LaSausa will speak about the event and how to reduce the number of dogs that end up on the “E-list."
May 18, 2010
- Canine Cancer | Video
- The Phoenix-based Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is partnering with the Van Andel Research Institute in Michigan to study cancers in dogs. The goal is to find ways to improve the health of both dogs and people. President and Research Director for TGen Dr. Jeffrey Trent talks about the research project.