Search Results for: diabetes
November 21, 2011
- Controlling Diabetes | Video
- Tim Vaske, head of the Bureau of Tobacco and Chronic Disease for the Arizona Department of Health Services, talks about the incidence and impact of diabetes in Arizona and programs that help control the disease.
November 9, 2011
- AZ Senator-Elect Jerry Lewis | Video
- It appears as if State Senate President Russell Pearce lost his recall election. Victorious challenger Jerry Lewis discusses his win.
August 21, 2007
- Health Special
- On Tuesdays, HORIZON brings you stories on a variety of health topics. Tonight, we look at smoking, nutrition, diabetes and allergies.
July 26, 2007
- Health Epidemics?
- As more Americans become obese, more are diagnosed with the diseases that follow. Osteopath Dr. Art Mollen talks about obesity and the conditions to which it’s linked, including diabetes, heart problems and high blood pressure.
March 27, 2007
- Diabetes Expo
- An upcoming educational event open to both medical professionals and the public will focus on diabetes, cardiovascular disease, nutrition and healthy lifestyles choices. More than 100 exhibitors will present the latest information on medications, medical devices, products, health plans, technology and samples; and they’ll conduct free health screenings. Expo attendees can also hear featured keynote speakers on a variety of diabetes-related topics throughout the day.
July 11, 2005
- Native-American Diabetes
- Find out what the San Carlos Apache Reservation is doing to prevent and treat diabetes, an epidemic within the Native-American community.
May 16, 2005
- Diabetes epidemic
- A global epidemic of diabetes is forcing a hard look at lifestyles. We'll visit an Arizona community that has battled that disease.