Search Results for: deferred
February 18, 2015
- Immigration Ruling | Video
- A federal judge in Texas has issued a ruling against President Obama’s executive order to grant deferred deportation to certain groups of illegal immigrants. Arizona State University law professor Paul Bender will discuss the legalities of the case.
December 17, 2014
- Dreamers Drivers Licenses | Video
- The United States Supreme Court denied a request by Governor Jan Brewer to stay an appeals court ruling that allowed young, illegal immigrants with deferred deportation to get drivers licenses. Dan Pochoda, senior counsel for the Arizona ACLU, will discuss the case.
November 26, 2014
- Drivers Licenses for Dreamers | Video
- Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has been denied an appeal to a lawsuit she filed to block young illegal immigrants who have been granted deferred deportation from getting drivers licenses. Local immigration attorney Elizabeth Chatham will discuss the case.
July 7, 2014
- Dreamers Licenses | Video
- The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled today that young illegal immigrants given deferred deportations can have drivers licenses in Arizona. Governor Jan Brewer had issued an executive order, denying the “Dreamers” licenses. The court said that the young illegal immigrants were harmed by unequal treatment by the state. Laurie Roberts of the Arizona Republic discussed the ruling.
August 20, 2012
- Deferred Action Status | Video
- The U.S. government is now accepting applications for Deferred Action status from certain young illegal immigrants who were brought to America as children. Individuals who are granted Deferred Action status are protected from deportation for two years, and are eligible for employment authorization. Immigration attorney Regina Jefferies talks about the program and an executive order by Governor Jan Brewer denying driver licenses and other public benefits to Deferred Action grantees.