Search Results for: data
September 2, 2014
- European Union Data Privacy | Video
- A court case in Europe has strengthened the right to online privacy, and those rules will apply to companies doing business in the European Union. Arizona State University professor Adriana Sanford of the W.P. Carey School of Business will discuss how EU data protection will affect U.S. companies and consumers.
June 24, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Beyond Textbooks | Video
- In a new Arizona Horizon series, “Arizona’s Future,” we look at innovations leading to improvements in a variety of areas, including education. In the Vail Unified School District in southern Arizona, teachers and district officials have created a web-based solution to help meet Common Core standards. The site provides lesson plans and data that educators can use to meet the standards, and any educator can add resources, lesson plans or ideas to the site. It’s being used by 77 traditional public school districts and eight charter schools in Arizona. Kevin Carney, executive director of Beyond Textbooks, will explain how the site helps teachers improve their teaching abilities.
March 25, 2014
- Modern Governance Research | Video
- Congress has some of its lowest approval ratings ever. Arizona State University researchers will join an elite group of international experts to study ways to improve governance. Erik Johnston, director of the Center for Policy Informatics at Arizona State University, and Justin Longo, also of the Center for Policy Informatics, will help study new uses of technologies, data, and public engagement to design innovative government programs. Johnston and Longo will talk about their efforts.
January 29, 2014
- AZ Technology and Innovation: NextFort | Video
- We’ll show you a Chandler data center that has a unique approach to storing critical computer data. NextFort is geared at creating efficient next-generation data centers.
November 5, 2013
- Healthcare Website Issues | Video
- The website to enroll for insurance under the Affordable Care Act has been plagued with problems since its rollout. Ken Colburn of the Data Doctors will talk about the issues with the site.
October 1, 2013
- Twitter Analysis of Public Opinion | Video
- Two Arizona State University computer science doctoral students are developing computer models for analytical systems that can gather data generated by Twitter and organize it in a way that can lead to analysis of public opinion. ASU Computer Informatics professor Subbarao Kambhampati will talk about the twitter analysis tools.
July 17, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Data Centers | Video
- Data Centers, which store digital information, have seen a steady growth in Arizona. Several factors have led to that, including a lack of natural disasters. We’ll take a look at OneNeck IT services, a Tempe-based Data Center.
May 23, 2013
- Arts and the Economy Report | Video
- The Arizona Cultural Data Project Task Force recently released a report that reveals the impact of Arizona’s arts and culture sector on the lives of Arizonans and the state’s economy. Jaime Dempsey, Deputy Director of the Arizona Commission on the Arts, will discuss the report, which will be released for the first time on Arizona Horizon.
September 18, 2012
- The iPhone 5: A Better Smartphone? | Video
- Ken “Spanky” Moskowitz, of Data Doctors Computer Services, shares his views on Apple’s newest version of the iPhone and whether or not it lives up to the hype.
July 26, 2012
- 2012 KIDS COUNT: Child Well-being Data | Video
- Dana Wolfe Naimark, President and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance, discusses the 2012 KIDS COUNT report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation that ranks Arizona in the bottom 5 states for child well-being.
August 23, 2011
- Medical Marijuana Certifications | Video
- According to the Arizona Department of Health Services, eight doctors have issued nearly half of all medical marijuana certifications in Arizona. DHS Director Will Humble discusses his response to the data.
August 17, 2011
- Child Well-Being in Arizona | Video
- Dana Naimark, President and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance, discusses the 2011 Kids Count Data Book just released by the Annie E. Casey Foundation and what it says about the well-being of children in Arizona.
July 26, 2011
- Housing Vacancy Rate | Video
- The latest census data show a staggering number of vacant homes in the Valley. East Valley real estate broker Cindy Sessions and Fletcher Wilcox, a vice president and real estate analyst for Grand Canyon Title Agency, discuss what the numbers say about the area’s real estate market.
- New Normal | Video
- National Weather Service meteorologist Michael Bruce talks about the new set of data the agency is using to calculate normal temperatures.
July 11, 2011
- Cloud Computing | Video
- Instead of storing photos, music and other information on their own computers, more and more people are storing it online in “the Cloud”. We’ll take a look at the evolution and future of cloud computing for individuals and businesses with Anthony D’Ambrosi of i/o, a Phoenix-based company that controls two of the largest data centers in the world.
June 27, 2011
- DPS Computer Hack | Video
- Ken Colburn, the CEO of Data Doctors, discusses the recent breach of the Arizona Department of Public Safety’s computer system.
May 12, 2011
- Arizona Census Data | Video
- New Census data show the median age in Arizona has gone up. Arizona State Demographer Bill Schooling discusses that and other interesting information revealed by the latest numbers.
March 1, 2011
- State Audit: Classroom Spending | Video
- According to a new audit, the percentage of education spending that makes it into Arizona classrooms is the lowest it's been in ten years of tracking that data. Tara Lennon of the Arizona Auditor General's office discusses the findings.
November 18, 2010
- Economic Impact of SB 1070 | Video
- A new report blames Arizona’s immigration law for more than $140-million in lost revenue. Senior Vice President and Economist for Elliott D. Pollack & and Company, the firm that conducted a study the report is based on, talks about the data.
September 21, 2010
- Housing Prices | Video
- ASU Real Estate Professor Jay Butler has the latest data on prices and foreclosures in the Phoenix area housing market.
December 9, 2009
- Data Protection | Video
- In an effort to cut down on the theft of personal data, the new Privacy by Design Research Lab at Arizona State University will establish a virtual environment to work with industry leaders to create guidelines for businesses worldwide. Julie Smith David of ASU will talk about the new Privacy by Design Research Lab.
June 10, 2008
- RN Shortage | Video
- Arizona faces one of the nation�s most critical shortages of registered nurses (RNs), according to an Arizona Healthcare Workforce Data Center study that ranks the need for RNs nationwide. Kathy Scott, RN, PhD, regional vice president of Clinical Services for Banner Health joins us to discuss the study, and the shortage of RNs.
August 22, 2006