Search Results for: creativity
November 18, 2014
- Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts New Dean | Video
- Arizona State University’s Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts combines multiple disciplines: arts, media, engineering, design, film, dance, theater and music, as well as the ASU Art Museum. The institute now has a new dean, Steven Tepper, a social scientist and policy scholar who is one of the nation’s top authorities on creativity and cultural participation. He will talk about his new role and his vision for the institute.
April 16, 2014
- Hungry Minds: Native American Education | Video
- Arizona PBS will air a show called “Hungry Minds,” a documentary about the transformation of several Native American high school students. The film makes a compelling argument for revitalizing Native American education through of creativity and leadership. The project was produced by the Nick Lowery Foundation, which is headed by former NFL kicker Nick Lowery. He will appear on Arizona Horizon to talk about his film.
July 5, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Mesa Takes Flight Festival | Video
- The Mesa Takes Flight festival, held this past spring, was the culmination a year-long celebration of aviation, aerospace and all things flight-related. This segment focuses on a festival highlight, a dance piece commissioned by the Mesa Center for the Arts and how different groups and individuals within the community came together to create the finished performance.
May 24, 2012
- Arizona ArtBeat: Mesa Arts Center’s Festival of Creativity | Video
- A look at the Mesa Arts Center’s recent Festival of Creativity and its mission of community outreach. The event offered festival goers the opportunity to enjoy as well as participate in a variety of arts and performance activities, while also providing artists and performers with a unique opportunity for collaboration.
May 26, 2011
- Arizona ArtBeat: Saving the Ice House | Video
- The Ice House, a unique art space and gallery in Phoenix’ warehouse district, is on the verge of closing due to financial challenges, but a group of local artists is trying to rescue the place. We’ll show you what they’re doing to help.