Search Results for: connections
July 4, 2014
- Economic Special | Video
- An ASU Research professor will talk about why the nation has recovered jobs lost during the economic downturn but Arizona has not. ASU’s Morrison Institute has released a new report about making the Sun Corridor more competitive globally and with other states. The Global Cities Initiative is a joint project that aims to help metropolitan areas strengthen their international connections.
June 10, 2014
- Global Cities Initiative | Video
- The Global Cities Initiative is a joint project of the Brookings Institution and JPMorgan Chase that aims to help metropolitan areas strengthen their international connections and competitiveness. The initiative recently held a forum in Phoenix. Curtis Reed, Jr., Market Manager for Arizona, Chase, spoke at the event and will tell us more about making the Phoenix area more competitive in the global market.
December 18, 2013
- Aging Initiatives Grants | Video
- Valley communities will be better able to fight social isolation and strengthen the connections that older adults have, thanks to two new grants awarded to the Greater Phoenix Age-Friendly Network. The funding will help three pilot communities launch new programs to help older adults live independently. Amy St. Peter, the Maricopa Association of Governments Human Services manager, will talk about how the money will be used.
November 21, 2013
- President Kennedy’s Arizona Connection | Video
- The 50th Anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination is November 22nd. His influence was felt in Arizona on the Central Arizona Project and in the political career of former Arizona Governor Raul Castro. Visiting Scholar in Legal History at the law firm of Snell & Wilmer Jack August, will discuss Kennedy’s Arizona connections.
January 21, 2013
- Giving & Leading: An Arizona Horizon Special | Video
- Visit SpoFit, a Valley fitness center designed for people with disabilities; see what Native American Connections is doing to help Native Americans in need of housing and other critical services; the leader of the Veterans Medical Leadership Council explains how the VMLC improves the health and well-being of veterans in need.
October 29, 2012
- Giving and Leading: Native American Connections | Video
- President and CEO of Native American Connections Diana Yazzie-Devine talks about her nonprofit that provides behavioral health services, affordable housing and economic development opportunities to Native Americans in the Phoenix area and tribal communities.
June 15, 2006
- ASU Summer Institute on Community
- Arizona State University and Valley of the Sun United Way are partnering for a three-day workshop focused on strengthening connections between various community groups, researchers, academics, students and social service professionals. The program will provide students and community organizations to the most recent developments in community research and practice. Valley of the Sun United Way Vice President, Community Initiatives Trinity Donovan joins Michael Grant in the studio.
To learn more, visit the ASU Summer Institute Web site.