Search Results for: concern
December 9, 2013
- CPS CARE Team | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer has created a team to provide oversight for the 6,000 child abuse cases not investigated by Child Protective Services. The Child Advocate Response Examination Team, or “CARE Team,” will also examine CPS to point out areas of concern. CARE Team chair and Director of the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections, Charles Flanagan, and CARE Team member representative Kate Brophy McGee will talk about the organization and its goals.
July 31, 2013
- Grand Canyon Haze Response | Video
- The Grand Canyon Chapter of the Sierra Club says it is encouraged by plans to reduce haze over the Grand Canyon. However, the organization does have some concerns. Sandy Bahr of the Sierra Club will talk about that.
December 24, 2012
- Giving & Leading: An Arizona Horizon Special | Video
- REPEAT FROM 06/15/2012.
Patrick McWhortor, President and CEO of Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, shares the findings of a statewide survey of Arizona nonprofits contained in the report Borderline: Hope and Concern for Arizona Nonprofits. Find out how Arizona food banks are responding to the challenges of ending hunger; and how all nonprofits are finding creative new ways of doing business.
March 5, 2012
- AZ Giving and Leading: Report on Nonprofits | Video
- Patrick McWhortor, President and CEO of Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, shares the findings of a statewide survey of Arizona nonprofits contained in the new report Borderline: Hope and Concern for Arizona Nonprofits.
November 18, 2010
- Real Estate “Flopping” | Video
- The days of flipping houses has passed, but now there’s a new concern: flopping. Arizona real estate reporter Catherine Reagor explains how investors are using this strategy to take advantage of a depressed housing market.
May 27, 2008
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome | Video
- More than one million Americans suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, it is still a misunderstood illness and it is difficult to find health care professionals who know how to diagnose and treat it. The Centers for Disease Control recently announced that CFS is a real illness and that it is a public health concern. We talk with a doctor who is a CFS specialist and a patient who is battling the syndrome.
November 10, 2005
- Pay Day Loan Centers
- Popping up on just about every corner, pay day loan centers are causing concern about their effect on the community.
July 19, 2005
- Housing Arizona: Affordable Housing
- The latest real estate figures show the median sales price for an existing home topped a quarter of a million dollars this year in Maricopa County. HORIZON examines the impact Arizona's housing boom is having on thousands of families who are now unable to afford a home. Stardust Cos. CEO Greg Holmes, housing consultant David Rosen, and Michael Pyatok, Executive Director of the ASU Stardust Center for Affordable Homes and the Family, join Michael Grant to discuss the growing concern over affordable housing.
May 2, 2005
- Immigration legislation
- A predominantly partisan battle has been waged in the state legislature this session over the issue of immigration. Supporters of immigration legislation say the Valley's quality of life is being threatened. Opponents say legislation targeting illegal immigrants will divide communities. Add that to the controversy over the minutemen on the border recently, and it's clear immigration is a growing concern for Arizonans.
January 13, 2005
- Water Conservation Leadership forum
- We've had plenty of rain in the Valley lately. More importantly for our water supply, there's been above-average snowpack in northern Arizona. But water is still a big concern in our state. Last week, a water conservation leadership forum was held to talk about our water problems. It was sponsored by "The Arizona Republic" and Think AZ. We'll talk to the president of Think AZ.