Search Results for: concepts
July 10, 2014
- Government Spending | Video
- In a two-day event at the State Capitol, Cox Communications and the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University will gather about 40 executive MBA students to learn about policy-making and budget decisions from some of the state’s top lawmakers, staff and advocates. The students, acting as lawmakers and advocates, will then pass their own budget in a mock legislative session. It’s an exercise to help students learn how business and the political process intersect. Gerry Keim, professor of management at the W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU, and Michelle Bolton, director of public affairs for Cox Communications, will discuss the event and concepts used by the students.
September 23, 2013
- Raising Children in a Competitive Culture | Video
- Sociologist Hilary Levey Friedman has written a book titled “Playing to Win: Raising Children in a Competitive Culture.” It looks at the role of after-school competitive activities in future life success. Friedman’s book also examines gender roles in competitive activities. Friedman will talk about her book and concepts.
June 28, 2007
- Paul Davies
- A conversation with Paul Davies, the director of the Beyond Institute for Fundamental Concepts in Science at ASU. Davies is a renowned quantum physicist and author of several books, including, Cosmic Jackpot and The Mind of God.