Search Results for: competitiveness
June 10, 2014
- Global Cities Initiative | Video
- The Global Cities Initiative is a joint project of the Brookings Institution and JPMorgan Chase that aims to help metropolitan areas strengthen their international connections and competitiveness. The initiative recently held a forum in Phoenix. Curtis Reed, Jr., Market Manager for Arizona, Chase, spoke at the event and will tell us more about making the Phoenix area more competitive in the global market.
June 20, 2012
- Arizona's Economic Competitiveness | Video
- A roundtable discussion with President and CEO of Science Foundation Arizona William Harris; Executive VP for DMB Associates Karrin Kunasek Taylor; ASU Economist Dennis Hoffman; and Senior Economist for Elliott D. Pollack & Company Jim Rounds discuss how Arizona can compete in the global economy.
March 1, 2011
February 9, 2011
January 31, 2011
- State Budget Deficit: Raise Taxes or Reduce Spending? | Video
- State lawmakers have two primary options to erase the State’s massive budget deficit: 1) raise taxes or, 2) cut government spending. Both have a negative impact on Arizona’s economy, but according to a new analysis by the L. William Seidman Research Institute at ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business, one option is less economically harmful than the other. Tom R. Rex, associate director of the Center for Competitiveness and Prosperity Research, explains.
January 26, 2011
- Economic Competitiveness | Video
- One of Governor Jan Brewer’s “Four Cornerstones of Reform” includes efforts to grow jobs by making Arizona more economically competitive. We’ll take a look at the proposed plan.
August 10, 2010
- Protecting Arizona’s Jobs | Video
- Economic development and business leaders say other states are making a new push to lure companies away from Arizona. Find out what they think Arizona must do to increase its competitiveness.
April 9, 2009
- Arizona Budget Options | Video
- A team of experts in finance and public administration from Arizona’s universities have released a report of options to help erase Arizona’s $3 billion budget shortfall. A member of the Fiscal Alternatives Choices Team talks about some of the options included in the FACT report.