Search Results for: compensation
January 8, 2014
- End of Unemployment Benefits Extension | Video
- Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits started to help people during the recession, ended recently, impacting 12,100 Arizona families. The Grand Canyon Institute, a private non-profit corporation that provides non-partisan research, has analyzed the economic impact of the loss of extended federal unemployment benefits. David Wells, research director for the institute, will talk about the impact.
April 5, 2012
- Government Employee Compensation | Video
- A debate over how compensation for government employees compares to the private sector with Nick Dranias of the Goldwater Institute and ASU political science professor Dave Wells.
January 12, 2011
- Medical Marijuana and the Workplace | Video
- Rick DeGraw of SCF Arizona, the stateâ€™s largest workers compensation insurance company, discusses the potential impact of medical marijuana on the workplace.
September 21, 2006
- Proposition 207
- An examination of the proposition that would limit the definition of “public use” in eminent domain seizures, and would ensure compensation to property owners if the government enacts a law that diminishes the value of private property. Ken Strobeck, the Executive Director of the League of Arizona Cities and Towns and State Senator Chuck Gray will discuss the issue.