Search Results for: colleges
December 4, 2013
- Around Arizona: USDA Rural Development Funding | Video
- At the end of the last federal fiscal year, USDA Rural Development in Arizona reported a record $474 million in investment in housing funding for Arizona. That brought the five-year total to over $2 billion. Besides the housing funding, money was spent on tribes, towns, school districts, community centers, food banks, colleges, hospitals and small businesses. USDA Rural Development in Arizona State Director Alan Stephens will discuss how the funding has impacted the state.
July 17, 2012
- Maricopa Community College District | Video
- As the Maricopa Community College District is celebrates its 50th anniversary, Dr. Rufus Glasper, the Chancellor of Maricopa Community Colleges, talks about the role of community colleges in Arizona.
April 26, 2012
- Arizona Town Hall: Civic Engagement | Video
- The 100th Arizona Town Hall is exploring the topic of civic engagement and how to get citizens more involved in their government and their communities. Guests include: Kelly Campbell Rawlings, an assistant Research Professor and Co-Director of the Participatory Governance Initiative for ASUâ€™s School of Public Affairs; Jane Prescott-Smith, Managing Director of the National Institute of Civil Discourse at the UofA; and Alberto Olivas, Director of the Center for Civic Participation for Maricopa Community Colleges.
September 3, 2009
- Community-College Growth | Video
- Community-colleges in Maricopa County are showing an increase in enrollment this year. Dr. Maria Harper-Marinick, Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs for the Maricopa Community College District, talks about what the district is doing to keep up with the growth.
November 7, 2007
- Arizona Town Hall: Land Use Planning
- More than 6 million people live in Arizona today, but according to state estimates that number will more than double by the year 2050. Participants in the 91st Arizona Town Hall met at the Grand Canyon in late October to recommend ways to plan for that growth while protecting our state’s views and values. Town Hall participants discuss some of their recommendations.
- Tribal Sovereignty
- Throughout the month of November, HORIZON will look at key issues affecting Arizona's Native Americans tribes. Tonight, we hear from leaders in Washington, D.C. about tribal sovereignty.
September 28, 2006
- Proposition 300
- Proposition 300 was put on the ballot by the legislature to expand proposition 200 which was passed 2 years ago to deny government services to illegal aliens. It would ban illegal immigrants from taking adult education classes offered by the Arizona Department of Education. It would not allow illegal immigrants to pay instate tuition at colleges. It would ban illegal immigrants from getting state financial aid or child care subsidies and requires that the measure be administered, discrimination-free.
February 7, 2006
April 19, 2005
- Arizona Education Report Card: Community Colleges
- Community colleges serve more students than the state's three public universities. But how will they keep up with a growing population? And should they be allowed to offer four-year degrees? We'll take a look at the role community colleges play and the challenges they face.