Search Results for: coffee
March 5, 2015
- At Work in Arizona: The First 100 Years | Video
- “At Work in Arizona: The First 100 Years,” is a coffee table book filled with photos depicting the history of work in Arizona. Among the photos are a Jerome mine train in 1900 and a Tucson pressed brick company in the 1920s. The book was commissioned by Alliance Bank and Jim Lundy, president and CEO of the bank, and Marilyn Szabo, curator of the book, will talk about the book and how proceeds benefit education in our state.
June 16, 2014
- ASU/Starbucks Online Degree | Video
- Starbucks and Arizona State University announced a first-of-its kind program to provide a free online education opportunity for its 135-thousand employees. Phil Regier, executive vice president and dean of ASU online, talks about the new program.
February 13, 2014
- Pocket Parks | Video
- The owners of a Phoenix coffee shop turn to community members to help transform a vacant lot into a “pocket park." Co-owners Laryn Callaway and Christiaan Blok raised $23,000 to cover the landscaping costs, which include Chinese pistache trees, seating and a patch of lawn where they plan to offer Yoga and other classes. The couple hopes to collaborate with Arizona State University students to build a communal table and benches to promote more community gathering and an urban green space.
November 11, 2011