Search Results for: clothing drive
May 27, 2013
- WWII Memorial | Video
- Construction is under way near the state capitol for a memorial to fallen World War Two soldiers. It will feature the names of the fallen soldiers written on a plaque that will be placed between the guns from the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. Secretary of State Ken Bennett has spear-headed the drive for the memorial, and will tell us more.
August 6, 2012
April 23, 2008
- Conserving Arizona�s Land and Water Initiative | Video
- The Nature Conservancy�s Arizona Director discusses an initiative petition drive his organization has launched. If successful, it will place a proposition on November�s general election ballot asking voters to amend the State Constitution to allow 570,000 acres of state trust land to be set aside for permanent conservation. More than ten million acres of trust land were given to Arizona by the federal government at statehood. They�re held in trust, leased and sold by the State Land Department to raise money for public schools and other beneficiaries.
May 14, 2007
- Teen Drivers
- Governor Janet Napolitano signed a bill into law today that would restrict when and with whom teenagers would be able to drive. The sponsor of the bill in the legislature, Majority Whip, Representative John McComish is the guest.
May 12, 2005
- AZ Legislature: A to Z
- A "Horizon" Special: The Arizona legislature, A to Z. We'll discuss the political dynamics that drive the legislature and how that impacts laws passed by lawmakers. Then you'll learn how term limits passed by voters over a decade ago has affected the process and how some lawmakers get around them. Lobbyists are not elected to make the laws but they certainly influence the process. We'll take a look at that aspect of the legislature. Finally we'll give you some tips about how you can become involved in the process as we tell you the story about one citizen's success in getting a bill passed.
April 15, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- Governor Janet Napolitano surprised some lawmakers Thursday when she vetoed a forest health bill. The State senate made changes to a proposed liquor bill that would block any new drive-through lanes at liquor stores and would prohibit tasting samples from being given out at stores. And because of soaring gas prices, Governor Napolitano wants the EPA to give Arizona a waiver on the use of summertime fuel.