Search Results for: cleveland indians
October 2, 2014
- Sustainability: Indigenous Environmental Issues | Video
- Indigenous scholars, sustainability scientists and tribal leaders will gather in Tempe next week to discuss and debate indigenous sustainability and environmental issues. The “Conference on Indigenous Sustainability: Implications for the Future of Indigenous Peoples and Native Nations” offers a chance to address some of the most pressing issues facing indigenous people and the earth today. Donald Fixico, an Arizona State University Distinguished Foundation Professor of History, will discuss the conference and environmental issues from the viewpoint of American Indians.
February 3, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Phoenix Indian Center | Video
- Arizona is home to the nation’s first social service agency designed for urban American Indians. Nearly 70 years ago, the Phoenix Indian Center opened its doors in downtown. Today, the center serves about 7,000 people a year, offering a variety of services from workforce development and educational classes to cultural programs. We’ll hear from Chief Executive Officer Patti Hibbeler and Chief Operations Officer Karen Thorne.
March 1, 2012
- Society for American Baseball Research | Video
- The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) moved its headquarters from Cleveland to Phoenix in 2011. SABR Executive Director Marc Appleman explains why SABR is a good fit in Arizona.
March 19, 2009
February 25, 2009
- Goodyear Ballpark | Video
- There’s a new gem in the Arizona Cactus League. Take a tour of the new spring training home of the Cleveland Indians located in Goodyear, Arizona.
December 13, 2006
- Goodyear Baseball
- The city of Goodyear hopes to host the future spring training grounds for the Cleveland Indians. Goodyear is making its bid to the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority for funding for part of the construction cost of the $118-million dollar stadium complex. Goodyear Mayor Jim Cavanaugh joins Horizon to talk about the details.