Search Results for: charities
April 7, 2015
- Arizona Giving and Leading: Arizona Giving | Video
- One recent survey shows that Arizona ranks among the bottom of states when it comes to giving. Jacky Alling, Chief Philanthropic Services Officer of the Arizona Community Foundation, and Steve Zabilski, executive director of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, will discuss Arizona’s giving habits compared to the rest of the nation and how local charities are impacted.
November 25, 2014
- Arizona Education: Students Recycling Used Technology | Video
- Some Arizona students are keeping waste out of landfills while learning new skills and helping others. Hundreds of high school students are refurbishing computers for schools and charities. Meet the people behind Arizona StRUT (Students Recycling Used Technology). Tom Mehlert, Executive Director of StRUT, will tell us more about the program.
July 24, 2013
- Charities Performance Indicator | Video
- A major announcement was recently made in the charity world regarding a key indicator of a non-profit’s performance. Guidestar, Charity Navigator and Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance are the three national organizations that set the leading criteria of a nonprofit’s performance: overhead ratio, the percent spent on administrative and fund raising costs. However, the three organizations just sent out a letter denouncing those criteria as a leading indicator. Steve Zabilski, Executive Director of St. Vincent de Paul and Ellen Solowey, Program Officer for the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust, will discuss the development.
February 28, 2012
- Fast Pitch Philanthropy | Video
- On March 6th Social Venture Partners is holding its "2nd Annual Fast Pitch Social Innovation Expo." It’s the culmination of a seven-week training and mentoring program for innovative nonprofits that are effecting social change. Finalists have three minutes to make a “pitch” that could earn their nonprofit $100,000 in funding. SVP Executive Director Terri Wogan talks about the program.