Search Results for: ceiling
October 17, 2013
- Political Impact of Washington Fight | Video
- President Obama has said there are no winners in the fight over the debt ceiling and government shutdown. However, the fight could impact upcoming elections. Arizona State University Pollster Bruce Merrill will talk about winners and losers from the drama in our nation’s capitol.
- Washington Deal/Debt Ceiling | Video
- How exactly did Congress achieve a deal on the debt ceiling and ending the shutdown, and what is the debt ceiling and why is it so important? Arizona State University Dean of Social Sciences Patrick Kenney will answer those questions.
October 16, 2013
- Debt Ceiling/Government Shutdown | Video
- Congress continues to work on a deal to avoid the deadline to raise the debt ceiling and end the government shutdown. Economists Brian Cary of Salt River Project and Alan Maguire of the Maguire Company will discuss the impacts of the political drama in Washington.
August 2, 2011
- Debt Ceiling and Politics | Video
- ASU Management Professor Gerry Keim of the W.P. Carey School of Business talks about the politics behind the contentious battle in Congress to raise the debt ceiling.
July 28, 2011
- U.S. Debt Ceiling | Video
- ASU economist Dennis Hoffman discusses what Arizonans might expect if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling.