Search Results for: cash for clunkers
October 22, 2014
- Ghost Riders in the Sky Book | Video
- “Ghost Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend,” is an iconic American song made popular by Johnny Cash. It was written decades before Cash made it into a hit record by Stan Jones, who was born in Douglas and grew up on a ranch. Tucson author Michael Ward has written a book about Jones, “Ghost Riders in the Sky: The Life of Stan Jones, the Singing Ranger” and will discuss his work.
August 27, 2012
- Johnny Franklin Celebrity Photos | Video
- The Sunnyslope Historical Society recently hosted "The Life and Times of Johnny Franklin", an exhibition of celebrity photographs taken by the late Johnny Franklin. Arizona music historian John Dixon shares Franklin’s photos of entertainment luminaries such Johnny Cash, Wanda Jackson, Fats Domino, the Grateful Dead and Phoenix’ own Wallace and Ladmo.
August 9, 2012
- Johnny Franklin’s Celebrity Photos | Video
- The Sunnyslope Historical Society is hosting a free exhibition, "The Life and Times of Johnny Franklin", Sunday, August 12th, from 1-4pm. The exhibit features photographs and memorabilia belonging to the late Johnny Franklin, who photographed numerous performers visiting and living in the Valley of the Sun. Arizona music historian John Dixon provides a preview of the exhibition that includes photos of entertainment luminaries such as Elvis, the Rolling Stones, Fabian, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Fats Domino, and Phoenix’ own Wallace and Ladmo.
April 28, 2011
- Legislative Wrap-up: Social Services | Video
- Find out how state budget cuts to Medicaid, child care and cash assistance may affect Arizona’s most vulnerable populations. Guests include Jacki Taylor, CEO of Save the Family; Eddie Sissons, Executive Director of Arizona Foundation for Behavioral Health; and Timothy Schmaltz, director of the Protecting Arizona's Family Coalition.
August 27, 2009
- Cash for Clunkers | Video
- Arizona State University economist Tim James will recap how the cash for clunkers program did and how it will impact the economy.
August 20, 2009
- Arizona Cash Flow | Video
- State Treasurer Dean Martin talks about Arizona’s budget crisis and cash flow problems.
May 13, 2009
- School District Cash Balances | Video
- Arizona State lawmakers passed a plan to use $300 million in school district cash balances to help erase the state’s remaining $650 million dollar budget shortfall in FY 2009. Chuck Essigs, Director of Government Relations for the Arizona Association of School Business Officials explains why the move will result in a property tax increase for some Arizonans.
March 1, 2007
- Copper Theft Bill
- Copper theft is becoming a bigger problem in Arizona as drug users sell the metal to get money for their fixes. Representative Jerry Weiers has sponsored a bill that aims to reduce the problem by requiring I.D. when selling copper and checks or money orders mailed to the seller instead of cash at time of sale. Weiers will talk about his bill.