Search Results for: bridge
July 20, 2015
- I-10 Bridge Collapse | Video
- A bridge has collapsed on Interstate Ten in southeastern California, shutting down the main route between Phoenix and Los Angeles indefinitely. Doug Nintzel of the Arizona Department of Transportation will being us up to date.
March 26, 2015
- Arizona Voices Institute | Video
- In order to help bridge the gap between the state legislature and the general public, a new non-profit has been formed. The Arizona Voices Institute provides a web site where people can rate a bill and give ideas to state lawmakers. Steve Betts, board chairman of the Arizona Voices Institute, will tell us more.
August 20, 2014
- Trading with Mexico | Video
- Arizona is boosting trade between Tucson and Mexico. Learn how to help the two neighbors bridge the gap.
December 3, 2012
- AZ Giving & Leading: Arizona Bridge to Independent Living | Video
- Arizona Bridge to Independent Living (ABIL) provides a variety of services to people with disabilities. ABIL President and CEO Phil Pangrazio talks about the organization and its Virginia G. Piper Sports & Fitness Center (SpoFit), one of two centers in the U.S. that is specifically designed for individuals who have various types of disabilities.
August 18, 2011
July 25, 2011
- Tempe Town Lake Update | Video
- It’s been a year since Tempe Town Lake’s dam burst. Now, the dams have been replaced and a new pedestrian bridge is being installed. Get an update from Tempe City Manager Charlie Meyer.
February 6, 2007
- Disabled Workers
- The unintended consequences from increasing the minimum wage to $6.75 are at the center of a conflict between groups advocating for the same people: disabled workers. Prior to the passage of the measure, disabled workers could be paid less than minimum wage depending on their capabilities. Some advocacy groups say disabled workers should be paid at least the minimum wage, others say the loophole allowing lower wages give disabled workers the opportunity to be employed. A bill circulating at the state legislature would allow disabled workers to earn less than the minimum wage. We look at all sides of the issue.
- Arizona Foundation for Women Report
- Arizona Women 2007: A Status Update
July 25, 2006
- Light rail update
- Construction of the METRO light rail project is well underway. The bridge over Town Lake Bridge is almost completed and the Light Rail trains are currently being manufactured in Japan. Valley Metro CEO Rick Simonetta, appears on HORIZON to give us an update.