Search Results for: bridge
December 3, 2012
- AZ Giving & Leading: Arizona Bridge to Independent Living | Video
- Arizona Bridge to Independent Living (ABIL) provides a variety of services to people with disabilities. ABIL President and CEO Phil Pangrazio talks about the organization and its Virginia G. Piper Sports & Fitness Center (SpoFit), one of two centers in the U.S. that is specifically designed for individuals who have various types of disabilities.
August 18, 2011
July 25, 2011
- Tempe Town Lake Update | Video
- It’s been a year since Tempe Town Lake’s dam burst. Now, the dams have been replaced and a new pedestrian bridge is being installed. Get an update from Tempe City Manager Charlie Meyer.
February 6, 2007
- Disabled Workers
- The unintended consequences from increasing the minimum wage to $6.75 are at the center of a conflict between groups advocating for the same people: disabled workers. Prior to the passage of the measure, disabled workers could be paid less than minimum wage depending on their capabilities. Some advocacy groups say disabled workers should be paid at least the minimum wage, others say the loophole allowing lower wages give disabled workers the opportunity to be employed. A bill circulating at the state legislature would allow disabled workers to earn less than the minimum wage. We look at all sides of the issue.
- Arizona Foundation for Women Report
- Arizona Women 2007: A Status Update
July 25, 2006
- Light rail update
- Construction of the METRO light rail project is well underway. The bridge over Town Lake Bridge is almost completed and the Light Rail trains are currently being manufactured in Japan. Valley Metro CEO Rick Simonetta, appears on HORIZON to give us an update.