Search Results for: breast
September 3, 2013
- Cancer Testing | Video
- HealthTell Inc., a biotech spinout from Arizona State University, has raised $4 million in new funding to help commercialize a new test for lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancer. The HealthTell diagnostics technology was developed at the ASU Biodesign Institute in part by Dr. Stephen A. Johnston, who will talk about the new test and the funding.
April 30, 2013
- Breast Cancer Collaboration | Video
- Arizona State University, The Mayo Clinic and T-Gen have joined forces to fight breast cancer. The three organizations have formed the BIG Group (The Breast Cancer Interest Group) to investigate the role of testosterone in developing and treating some of the toughest breast cancers. Dr. Karen Anderson, who is a member of the BIG Group and who has a joint appointment at ASU and Mayo Clinic, will talk about the BIG Group’s efforts.
October 18, 2011
- TGen Breast Cancer Research | Video
- Dr. Heather Cunliffe, head of the Breast and Ovarian Cancer Research Unit for the Translational Genomics Research Institute, talks about TGen’s involvement in breast cancer research.
October 28, 2009
- Cancer Screening | Video
- For decades, we’ve been told that cancer screening saves lives through early detection and subsequent treatment of the disease. Now, an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggests that screening for breast and prostate cancer may not be as beneficial as once thought. Dr. Peter Lance, Director of Cancer Prevention and Control for the University of Arizona’s Arizona Cancer Center shares his views on cancer screening.
June 16, 2008
- Symphony Benefit | Video
- The Phoenix Symphony is hosting a benefit concert for violinist Ioana Dimitriu, who is battling breast cancer. HORIZON presents a profile of the artist.
October 30, 2007
- Breast Health
- strides have been made in the area of breast cancer awareness and diagnostic tools. Still, there is a need for more information and education about the best possible treatment for breast cancer. We look at how digital mammograms differ from conventional film. Christine Lessard, Executive Director of the Arizona Institute for Breast Health and 11-year breast cancer survivor joins us in the studio.
Learn more. Visit the Arizona Institute for Breast Health Web site.