Search Results for: birthday
February 13, 2014
- Arizona History | Video
- Marshall Trimble, Arizona’s official state historian, will talk about Arizona’s rich history in honor of the state’s 102nd birthday on February 14.
February 14, 2013
- 48 Intriguing Arizona Women | Video
- A luncheon will be held on Arizona’s 101st Birthday to honor “48 Most Intriguing Women of Arizona.” 48 Women spokesperson Connie Robinson will tell us more about Arizona’s 48 Most Intriguing Women.
August 1, 2012
- New Arizona Booster Seat Law | Video
- Starting August 2, Arizona law requires children riding in a motor vehicle to be seated in a child restraint system, such as a booster seat, until their 8th birthday or until they’re at least 4 feet 9 inches tall. AAA Arizona spokesperson Linda Gorman discusses the new law.
February 16, 2012
- Arizona Centennial: “Arizona: A History | Video
- A revised comprehensive book on Arizona History is being released on the state’s birthday. “Arizona: A History,” is a scholarly work on the Grand Canyon state’s history by Dr. Thomas Sheridan, a Professor of Anthropology at the University of Arizona. Dr. Sheridan will talk about his latest book.
February 14, 2012
February 14, 2011
- Countdown to Arizona’s Centennial | Video
- On Arizona’s 99th birthday, we’ll take a look at plans to celebrate its 100th as the Countdown to Arizona’s Centennial begins. Guests include Karen Churchard, Director of the Arizona Centennial Commission, and Catherine May, Vice President of the Arizona Historic Advisory Council.
September 2, 2009
- Adam Diaz | Video
- Adam Diaz, the first Mexican American elected to the Phoenix City Council, celebrated his 100th birthday. Learn more about the life of Diaz.
February 25, 2009
- Ted DeGrazia
- Ted DeGrazia is one of the best known artists in the world, and he was born in Arizona. He created thousands of pieces of artwork that have been recreated and sold internationally. The DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun in Tucson is holding a yearlong celebration to commemorate what would have been the artist's 100th birthday.
January 22, 2009
- KidsCare | Video
- The state-run health insurance program that provides affordable coverage for children and adults who do not qualify for Medicaid celebrates its 10th birthday as lawmakers consider eliminating the program completely. Guest: Matt Jewett, Children's Action Alliance.
February 14, 2007
- Arizona Centennial Plan
- Arizona's Centennial is five years away. State officials are gearing up to commemorate Arizona's 100th birthday. Learn more about their plans.
December 29, 2005
- Arizona Stories: Marshall Trimble
- In honor of Arizona's 93rd birthday, official state historian Marshall Trimble remembers the unusual tall tales and legends that make up the unique fabric of Arizona's past and present.