Search Results for: biotech
January 26, 2015
- Arizona Education: Specialty Schools | Video
- We’ll take a look at alternative or specialty schools in the latest “Arizona Education” segment. We’ll see how one school helps students gain real-world science and engineering skills. East Valley Institute of Technology superintendent Sally Downey, Michelle Landreville, a BioTech teacher at Paradise Valley High School in the Center for Research in Engineering, Science and Technology, or CREST, and Greg Donovan, superintendent of the Western Maricopa Education Center, will tell us more about specialty schools.
September 3, 2013
- Cancer Testing | Video
- HealthTell Inc., a biotech spinout from Arizona State University, has raised $4 million in new funding to help commercialize a new test for lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancer. The HealthTell diagnostics technology was developed at the ASU Biodesign Institute in part by Dr. Stephen A. Johnston, who will talk about the new test and the funding.
September 7, 2009
- Economic Growth: A HORIZON Special | Video
- Growing jobs with the sun and science. We’ll take a look at Arizona’s new tax incentive bill for solar companies that becomes law Sept. 30th, efforts to recruit solar companies to Arizona, and the challenges facing a Tempe based biotech company as it tries to move from start-up to commercial success.
August 19, 2009
- Arizona's Growing Bioscience Sector | Video
- Dr. Jeffrey Trent, President and Research Director of TGEN; Marty Shultz, Chair of the Arizona Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee; and Dr. Michael Mobley of ASU's Biodesign Institute and Board Chairman of the Arizona Bioindustry Association discuss what Arizona is doing to grow its biotech sector and become a global leader in bioscience research and commerce.