Search Results for: bioscience
July 5, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Biosciences Roadmap Anniversary | Video
- The 10th anniversary of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap was celebrated this year. The Bioscience Roadmap led to the development of Arizona’s bioscience sector. Find out more about the roadmap, its development and the status of Arizona’s bioscience sector from Martin Shultz, Chairman of the Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee, and Brad Halvorson of the Flinn Foundation.
January 16, 2013
- Technology & Innovation: Arizona Bioscience Roadmap | Video
- The 10th anniversary of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap was celebrated recently. The Bioscience Roadmap led to development of the Arizona’s bioscience sector. Find out more about the roadmap, its development and the status of Arizona’s bioscience sector from Martin Shultz, Chairman of the Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee, and Brad Halvorson, of the Flinn Foundation.
February 20, 2012
- Economic Growth: Biosciences Employment | Video
- Employment in the biosciences field in Arizona has grown 41 percent over the past 10 years, showing growth even during the Recession. Marty Shultz, chair of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee, will talk about employment in the biosciences sector.
January 10, 2012
- Sustainability: Valley of the Sunflowers | Video
- See what happens when a dirt lot in downtown Phoenix is transformed into the Valley of the Sunflowers. VOS partners include Roosevelt Row Community Development Corporation, Phoenix Union Bioscience High School and Intel. This effort activates and beautifies vacant land with sunflowers to be harvested and turned into biofuel.
September 21, 2011
- Valley of the Sunflowers | Video
- Kenny Barrett, artist and Project Manager for Roosevelt Row Community Development Corporation and Braden Kay of ASU’s Global Institute of Sustainability, talk about the benefits of a collaborative effort between the Roosevelt Row CDC and Phoenix Union Bioscience High School to grow sunflowers on a vacant lot in downtown Phoenix.
May 18, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Rapid DNA Testing | Video
- After Osama bin Laden was killed, his identity was quickly verified through DNA. It likely required massive equipment in a nearby command center, but the UofA is working on technology to make the process more portable. Dr. Frederick Zenhausern, Director of the Center for Applied Nano-bioscience and Medicine at the UA Medical School in Phoenix, discusses the development of Rapid DNA testing equipment.
May 3, 2010
- BioAccel | Video
- BioAccel is a non-profit organization that’s growing Arizona’s bioscience industry by turning bioscience discoveries into new business opportunities that accelerate commercialization in the life sciences. Learn about BioAccel’s goals and achievements with Chief Executive Officer MaryAnn Guerra and Chief Scientific and Business Officer Ron King.
November 19, 2009
- Maintaining Arizona’s Bioscience Momentum | Video
- The Arizona Biosciences Roadmap Steering Committee has identified “Four Key Needs” to maintain Arizona’s recent momentum in building its bioscience industry. We’ll discuss those needs with Stuart Flynn, Dean of University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix in partnership with Arizona State University; Craig Thatcher, Exec. Dean of the ASU College of Nursing and Health Innovation; and Don Keuth, President of the Phoenix Community Alliance.
August 19, 2009
- Arizona's Growing Bioscience Sector | Video
- Dr. Jeffrey Trent, President and Research Director of TGEN; Marty Shultz, Chair of the Arizona Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee; and Dr. Michael Mobley of ASU's Biodesign Institute and Board Chairman of the Arizona Bioindustry Association discuss what Arizona is doing to grow its biotech sector and become a global leader in bioscience research and commerce.
November 8, 2005
- Biodesign and Biotechnology
- The recent Arizona Town Hall studied the benefits of maximizing Arizona's opportunities in the biosciences and biotechnology. In part, it found that Arizona has a substantial skilled workforce, but needs to build greater capacity for the 21st century bioscience and biotechnology economy.