Search Results for: bio fuels
July 16, 2014
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: ASU EcoCAR 3 | Video
- Arizona State University is among 16 universities chosen out of 100 applicants to be in the Advanced Vehicle Technology Competition EcoCar 3 program. It’s a four-year contest and students at the ASU Polytechnic campus in Mesa will work on transforming a Chevrolet Camaro to run on alternative fuels. Abdel Mayyas, the Lead Faculty Advisor for the ASU-EcoCAR 3 project, will discuss his group’s mission.
August 19, 2013
- E15 Gasoline Blend | Video
- The Environmental Protection Agency recently finalized 2013 standards for the Renewable Fuels Standard program. It requires renewable fuels, such as ethanol, to be blended into gasoline in increasing amounts each year. One of these renewable fuels, E15, has been controversial. Linda Gorman of AAA Arizona will discuss the problems associated with E15 fuel.
October 12, 2011
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: Algae Jet Fuel | Video
- An Arizona-based algae technology company is poised to produce algae-based jet fuel for SkyNRG, a Dutch renewable aviation fuel producer. Heliae CEO Dan Simon talks about his company’s efforts to develop technologies that enable large scale, cost-effective, production of bio-fuels.
May 11, 2010
- Immigration Author | Video
- Jeffrey Kaye, the author of “Moving Millions: How Coyote Capitalism Fuels Global Immigration,” discusses his book and what it says about the relationship between business and immigration.
November 5, 2009
- Fuel from Bacteria | Video
- Arizona State University research Willem Vermaas has received a $5.2 million grant to work on extracting fatty acids from bacteria. Those fatty acids can then be used to make a variety of fuels. Professor Vermaas will talk about his research.
January 24, 2007
- state of the Union
- President Bush delivers his State of the Union address to the first democratic congress in 12 years on Tuesday. Iraq will be a major topic in his speech. Reducing U.S. dependence on foreign oil and supporting alternative fuels are also expected to be prominent themes. HORIZON analyzes the State of the Union address with Patrick Kenney, professor and chair of the ASU political science department.
January 17, 2007
- HORIZON 25th Anniversary
- A look at the 5th most influential story covered on HORIZON in the last 25 years: The alternative fuels scandal.