Search Results for: bayless
February 11, 2013
- Betsey Bayless Pay Raise | Video
- Betsey Bayless, the head of the Maricopa Integrated Health System, a public hospital system for the poor, received a $125,000 raise, bringing her salary to $500,000. Arizona Republic Columnist Laurie Roberts will discuss the raise.
April 12, 2012
- Feds Approve “KidsCare” Funding Plan | Video
- Federal officials have approved a plan that makes about 22-thousand low income Arizona children eligible for Arizona’s “KidsCare” health insurance program. In addition, the plan helps three of the State’s largest hospital systems cover costs of providing uncompensated care. Maricopa Integrated Health System CEO Betsey Bayless explains how the plan is designed to work.
November 28, 2011
- Governor’s Health Care Initiative | Video
- 19-thousand kids would be enrolled in Kids Care and hospitals would get help covering costs of care for the uninsured if the federal government approves a plan to allow Phoenix Children's Hospital, Maricopa Integrated Health System, and the University of Arizona Health Network to use their own money to draw down federal matching funds. Betsey Bayless, President and CEO of MIHS, discusses the details of the proposal.
June 28, 2011
- Restoring Competency to Stand Trial | Video
- Accused of the mass shooting in Tucson, Jared Loughner was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. He is now undergoing treatment in an attempt to restore competency. Phoenix-based forensic psychologist Michael B. Bayless discusses what it means, and what it takes, to restore mental competency.