Search Results for: autism
April 3, 2012
- Autism Increase | Video
- New Numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate more children than previously thought have autism. The increase is attributed to wider screening. Dr. Bryan Davey of the Arizona Autism Coalition Board and Director of Behavioral Services at ACCEL (Arizona Centers for Comprehensive Education and Life Skills) will discuss the new numbers.
September 4, 2007
- Health Epidemics?
- On this HORIZON special, we examine what some call health epidemics--conditions that appear to be diagnosed more frequently. We look at why asthma, sleep disorders, autism and obesity are becoming common topics of conversation and media coverage.
July 25, 2007
July 11, 2007
- Autism Society of America Conference
- More than 1,400 people will gather in Scottsdale this week for the Autism Society of Americaís national conference. Find out more about the event and this developmental disorder that, according to the Centers for Disease Control, affects an estimated 1 in 150 births.
May 29, 2007
- Environmental Legislative Update
- Arizona state lawmakers recently passed two bills dealing with water, one deals with water adequacy and one that sets up a fund for infrastructure. Meantime it looks like Senate Bill 1552 the Air Quality Program--- will go to conference committee for additional amendments next week. The Sierra Club is asking legislators to make it as strong as possible. Joining Horizon is Sandy Bahr, Conservation Outreach Director for the Sierra Club Grand Canyon Chapter.
- We talk with Dr. Doreen Granpeesheh, founder and executive director of the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD), about the study and treatment of autism.
- Arizona Stories: Tempe's Hispanic Heritage
- In the late 19th century, the communities of San Pablo, Sotelo Ranch, Haydenís Ferry made up what is now known as Tempe. They were thriving neighborhoods, alive with the people and culture of Mexico, despite being hundreds of miles north.
May 8, 2007
- Mesa Budget
- Dial-A-Ride and Saturday transit services are in jeopardy of being cut by the City of Mesa because of its budget jam. We look at what the city is considering.
- We talk with Dr. Doreen Granpeesheh, founder of the Center for Autism and Related Disorders about the study and treatment of autism.
- Arizona Stories
- It's a rough stretch of Arizona road that has enough mystique to draw in tourists from all over the world. Learn more about the Apache Trail and how it was built.