Search Results for: authority
May 21, 2015
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Pay-by-Smartphone Parking App | Video
- A new app that allows you to pay for a parking meter by smartphone recently won the Arizona Innovation Challenge run by the Arizona Commerce Authority. ParkX was an app created by a business that formed out of the University of Arizona and operates out of Scottsdale. Austin Weiss of ParkX will tell us more.
February 2, 2015
- Super Bowl Review | Video
- Tom Sadler, president and CEO of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority, will give us an overall review of the Super Bowl.
September 15, 2014
- NCAA Final Four | Video
- Phoenix is among eight finalists to host the 2017-2020 NCAA Men’s Final Four basketball tournaments. Besides providing attention to the city, the events would also bring an economic benefit. NCAA officials will be visiting Phoenix later this month as they make their final decision. Tom Sadler, president and CEO of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority, will talk about the effort to get the Final Four in Phoenix.
August 6, 2014
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: 2014 Innovation Arizona Summit | Video
- The 2014 Innovation Arizona Summit takes place in Scottsdale August 14. The summit is a joint effort of the Arizona SciTech Festival, the MIT Enterprise Forum Phoenix and the Arizona Commerce Authority. It will explore the lifecycle of innovation from inspiration to commercialization. The summit will also enable collaborators to network and engage in discussions about science, technology, entrepreneurship and innovation. Jeremy Babendure, executive director of the Arizona SciTech Festival and Robert Green, CEO of EndoVantage, will discuss the innovation summit.
July 29, 2014
- Arizona’s Future: Strategic Roadmap | Video
- Arizona’s Transportation and Trade Corridor Alliance has completed its Strategic Roadmap: a plan for Arizona’s future transportation needs. Created by a group of experts from the public and private sectors, the Roadmap seeks to better connect Arizona to the global economy. Arizona Department of Transportation director John Halikowski, Margie Emmermann, the executive director of the Arizona-Mexico Commission, and Sandra Watson, president and CEO of the Arizona Commerce Authority, will discuss how the plan intertwines commerce, trade and transportation.
March 27, 2014
- Maricopa County Regional Behavioral Health Authority | Video
- The organization that provides behavioral health services in the Maricopa County region is switching from Magellan, a Connecticut-based company, to Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care April First. Mercy Maricopa is a non-profit organization sponsored by Maricopa County’s public health-care system. The switch comes at a time when coverage for the mentally ill will be enhanced by the settlement of a decades old lawsuit, Arnold versus Sarn. Charles Arnold, the lawyer who represented the mentally ill in the lawsuit, will discuss the case, along with Eddy Broadway, CEO of Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care, and Cory Nelson, Deputy Director for Behavioral Health for the Arizona Department of Health Services.
June 6, 2013
- Arizona Commerce Authority Update | Video
- The Arizona Commerce Authority is charged with recruiting, creating and growing businesses in our state. Greg Linaman, who is the Chief Operating Officer of the authority, will talk the organization’s mission and recent successes.
November 21, 2012
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Innovation Awards | Video
- The Governor's Celebration of Innovation awards were recently handed out. The annual gala where the awards are given is held by the Arizona Technology Council in partnership with the Arizona Commerce Authority. Technology leaders and innovators from companies and schools across the state are honored. Arizona Technology Council President and CEO Steve Zylstra will talk about the winners.
September 11, 2012
- AZ Furnace Program | Video
- Statewide business accelerator AZ Furnace is offering economic and various other incentives to encourage entrepreneurs to commercialize innovative technologies developed within Arizona’s universities and research institutions. Learn more about the program from Gordon McConnell, Vice President for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at ASU and Brian Sherman, Vice President of Business Development for the Arizona Commerce Authority.
August 2, 2012
- Team ACA Private Donations | Video
- Team ACA, the nonprofit fundraising arm of the Arizona Commerce Authority, has been criticized for not revealing the amounts of donations from private sources. Team ACA Executive Director Don Cardon addresses those criticisms.
June 20, 2012
- Arizona Technology & Innovation: Drone Testing | Video
- President Barack Obama recently signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which allows for the establishment of six testing sites for drones to be used in commercial applications and by the government for other than military use. Arizona is competing to be one of those test sites. Retired Gen. John Regni, a technical adviser with the Arizona Commerce Authority, will discuss the effort.
December 8, 2010
- Job Growth Plan | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer has announced a new job growth plan, and has named Don Cardon to head the new Arizona Commerce Authority, which replaces the commerce department. Cardon will talk about the plan and his job.
April 22, 2010
- Arizona Department of Commerce | Video
- Director of the Arizona Department of Commerce, Don Cardon, discusses plans to replace the department with a new economic development authority.
January 4, 2007
- The Governor and other top state officials were inaugurated today. Hear what they had to say after their inauguration.
- College Bowl Games
- The Fiesta Bowl played at the University of Phoenix Stadium is a game still being talked about. The BCS Championship game will be played there Monday. Find out how stadium and Glendale officials are dealing with the big bowl games. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority and Jennifer Reichelt of the City of Glendale will talk about stadium management and traffic issues.
December 13, 2006
- Goodyear Baseball
- The city of Goodyear hopes to host the future spring training grounds for the Cleveland Indians. Goodyear is making its bid to the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority for funding for part of the construction cost of the $118-million dollar stadium complex. Goodyear Mayor Jim Cavanaugh joins Horizon to talk about the details.
June 15, 2006
- Cardinals Stadium Update
- The excitement is building as the new Cardinals Stadium is close to opening its doors. The unique rolling grass field and the moveable roof are operational. Join Ted Ferris of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority for the latest on the stadium.
June 30, 2005
- Cardinals Stadium update
- If you've driven by the Cardinals Stadium lately, you may have noticed it looking more like a stadium. Brad Parker of the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority discusses the progress.
February 23, 2005
- stadium update
- Despite the wet weather, the Arizona Cardinals' stadium roof construction is moving ahead. Horizon has an update.
- Medical malpractice
- The debate over malpractice reform is one of the issues facing state lawmakers, a subject also considered by medical students entering the field. Horizon looks at a medical malpractice bill working its way through the state legislature.