Search Results for: attacks
April 8, 2014
- Attacks on Journalism | Video
- The Committee to Protect Journalists and Bloomberg News will host a public forum at the Arizona State University Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication regarding attacks on journalism. One of the Panelists, former Washington Post Executive Editor and now ASU Professor Leonard Downie Jr., will talk about the attacks, which come from sources such as the Obama Administrationâ€™s war on leaks and NSA surveillance.
December 19, 2013
- ADL Director Bill Straus | Video
- Bill Straus, the Arizona Regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, is stepping down from his position at the end of this year after 13 years at the helm. Straus looks back at his years running the Arizona ADL, including the murder of Mesa gas station owner Balbir Singh Sodhi days after the 9-11 attacks.
September 23, 2008
- 9-11 Survivor | Video
- seven years after the terrorist attacks of September 11, the memories are still fresh for some. They are for Joe Dittmar, who was on the 105th floor of the World Trade Center's south tower when the first airplane hit the north tower. He was in Phoenix last week to speak at the Healing Field – a display of nearly 3000 American flags for each person who died in the terrorist attacks. Dittmar shared his memories of that day in NYC.
May 20, 2008
- Dream in Doubt | Video
- Just days after the 9-11 terrorists attacks, an Arizona Sikh man became the first to die in a retaliatory attack by a Mesa man who thought he was attacking a terrorist. A national film examining that murder and the American dream will premier tonight on PBS stations, including Eight T.V. Learn more about the film from the filmmaker and one of the victim's brothers.
September 11, 2007
- AZ Homeland Security / 9-11
- Leesa Berens Morrison, director of the Arizona Department of Homeland Security, joins HORIZON to talk about being prepared in the event of a public emergency caused by terrorism, or manmade or natural disasters. We also visit the annual Patriot Memorial Healing Field in Tempe, which is a display of nearly 3,000 3–by-5-foot American Flags erected as a memorial to the victims of the attacks of 9/11.