Search Results for: arena
September 4, 2014
- Naming Rights | Video
- U.S. Airways Center will have a different name soon. American Airlines, which merged with U.S. Airways, announced it will not renew the name rights contract for the basketball arena. Scott Harkey, President of Owens Harkey, an ad agency in Phoenix, will discuss the business of naming rights.
June 20, 2013
- Coyotes Update | Video
- The Glendale City Council got a look Tuesday at a plan Tuesday to keep the Phoenix Coyotes in the city and hire an arena manager. Arizona Republic Reporter Paul Giblin will give us an update.
May 6, 2013
- Coyotes Arena Costs | Video
- A new report reveals the cost to operate the Coyotes Home Arena, Jobbing.Com Arena, is millions less than the Glendale City Council was willing to pay potential operators. Paul Giblin of the Arizona Republic tells us more.
January 9, 2013
- Adult Education | Video
- The East Valley Institute of Technology’s career training programs aren’t just for high school students. They’re also for adults making a career change or wanting to acquire skills that will help them compete in today’s competitive job market. EVIT’s Adult Education Consultant and State Senator David Schapira talks about the state of adult education in Arizona.
July 17, 2012
- Phoenix Coyotes Arena Deal Referendum | Video
- Glendale City Attorney Craig Tindall explains why the city rejected petitions calling for a referendum on the City’s arena lease deal with a potential buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes, and where the City goes from here.
June 27, 2012
June 19, 2012
- Lawsuit to Stop Glendale/Phoenix Coyotes Deal | Video
- The Goldwater Institute is seeking to invalidate the City of Glendale’s arena lease deal with a prospective buyer of the Phoenix Coyotes. Goldwater attorney Carrie Ann Sitren talks about the outcome of today’s hearing.
February 17, 2011
December 15, 2010
- Influential Lobbyist | Video
- Longtime APS lobbyist Marty Shultz is retiring after 32 years. He’s been an influential player in Arizona’s policy arena for more than three decades. We’ll talk with Shultz about some of his greatest successes and most disappointing failures during his career as a business and community leader.
November 9, 2010
- Arizona Technology and Innovation | Video
- We kick off a new series on the latest in the high-tech arena. The first “Arizona Technology and Innovation” segment looks at how researchers at the University of Arizona are working on capturing wasted heat energy and turning it into electricity using quantum effects. Researchers Charles Stafford and Justin Bergfield will explain the concept.
November 24, 2009
- Citizenship Applications | Video
- The number of people applying for citizenship was up in 2009 as compared to 2008. But the numbers aren’t anywhere near where they were in 2007. Immigration attorney Nic Suriel discusses the numbers.