Search Results for: application
February 19, 2014
- AZ Technology and Innovation: High School App Competition | Video
- Nearly 250 Arizona high school students recently participated in an app competition in Gilbert. The App Resource and Knowledge App League is in its second year, with students from all skill levels learning the process of developing a mobile application. The event is the official launch of SPARK App League, a three-month contest challenging students to build a mobile application for Gilbert Fire and Rescue. Ashish Amresh, an assistant professor at Arizona State University, will talk about the app competition.
September 25, 2013
- appsFreedom Mobile Cloud Software | Video
- appsFreedom is a Chandler-based company that has ready-to-use app templates and a mobile application development platform to help companies develop their own, secure mobile apps that are also available for use on laptops and office computers. Vaidy Iyer, Chief Executive Officer of appsFreedom, will talk about his company.
May 22, 2013
- AZ Technology & Innovation: Eye Tracking Technology | Video
- The Technology Based Learning and Research Center in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College at Arizona State University announced a revolutionary mobile software tool developed along with Massively Parallel Technologies Inc. The tool is focused on optimizing a mobile eye-tracking application for smartphones and tablets using MPT’s Blue Cheetah software. TBLR’s Visual Engagement Mapping mobile application employs real-time eye tracking, a method used to ascertain students’ level of attention during an online lesson. Kevin Howard of Massively Parallel Technologies will talk about the new software.
August 16, 2010
- Race to the Top | Video
- Arizona is in the running to win nearly $250 million for public education in the federal Race to the Top competition. As one of 19 finalists, the state recently defended its application in Washington, D.C. Now, it waits to find out if it’s a winner. Eileen Klein, the Governor’s Chief of Staff, and Paul Koehler of WestEd discuss the state’s application.
April 5, 2010
- Race to the Top | Video
- Arizona didn’t exactly race to the top in its effort to win federal education funding in round one of the national “Race to the Top” grant competition. In fact, Arizona’s grant application was very near the bottom. Find out what went wrong, and what Arizona must do to become more competitive in round two.
April 23, 2008
- Conserving Arizona�s Land and Water Initiative | Video
- The Nature Conservancy�s Arizona Director discusses an initiative petition drive his organization has launched. If successful, it will place a proposition on November�s general election ballot asking voters to amend the State Constitution to allow 570,000 acres of state trust land to be set aside for permanent conservation. More than ten million acres of trust land were given to Arizona by the federal government at statehood. They�re held in trust, leased and sold by the State Land Department to raise money for public schools and other beneficiaries.