Search Results for: alzheimer
August 12, 2013
- Beatitudes Dementia Care | Video
- A long-term care community in Arizona is receiving national recognition for its best practices in dementia care. Beatitudes Campus has created replicable ways to decrease drugs prescribed, eliminate physical restraints, stop adult diaper usage and increase the comfort of patients. Arizona Horizon visited the Beatitudes Campus to see the ground-breaking principles in use.
May 16, 2013
- Alzheimer’s/Blood Sugar Link | Video
- A new University of Arizona study suggests a possible link between elevated blood sugar levels and risk for developing Alzheimer's disease. Christine Burns, a researcher at the U of A, will talk about the study.
December 11, 2012
- Alzheimer’s Prevention Cookbook | Video
- Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, Research Medical Director at the Banner Sun Health Research Institute talks about his book of recipes that promote a healthy brain.
May 16, 2012
- Alzheimer’s Prevention Drug Trial | Video
- The Banner Alzheimer’s Institute in Phoenix is involved in a groundbreaking clinical trial to test an Alzheimer’s prevention drug on people who are genetically likely to get the disease. Learn more about the trial from the Institute’s director Dr. Pierre Tariot.
March 5, 2012
April 22, 2008
- Alzheimer's Author | Video
- Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, local physician and researcher on Alzheimer�s Disease, talks about risk factors associated with the disease and steps he recommends to prevent Alzheimer�s.
November 7, 2006
- Alzheimer's Awareness
- November is Alzheimer's Awareness Month. It is marked by events around the Valley and the state including the opening of the new Banner Alzheimer's Institute. The Institute staffed by world-class researchers and physicians who provide compassionate care to patients and their families and caregivers, while also finding treatment and prevention therapies for those afflicted with the disease. Dr. Pierre Tariot, Banner Alzheimer's Institute's Associate Director and Director of its Memory Disorders Clinic joins Horizon in the studio.
- MPAC and PHX: 21st Century City
- Maricopa Partnership for Arts and Culture (MPAC) develops and implements entrepreneurial partnerships that advance arts and culture as an important part of the region's economic prosperity, distinctiveness and vibrancy. One of those partnerships involves a new book called PHX: 21st Century City. Joining Michael Grant in the studio will be Myra Millinger, President & CEO, Maricopa Partnership for Arts and Culture, Edward Booth-Clibborn, Editor and Publisher, PHX: 21st Century City, and Nan Ellin, Author, PHX: 21st Century City.
- Vote 2006: A Horizon Special Election Night Report
- Beginning at 9 p.m., HORIZON reports on election night results and offers analysis from The Arizona Republic's Richard Ruelas and Bob Robb, and political analysts Stan Barnes and Sam Coppersmith.