Search Results for: allegations
July 30, 2013
- Glendale Open Meeting Investigation | Video
- The State Attorney General’s office is investigating possible open-meeting law violations by the Glendale City Council. Glendale City Attorney Nick DiPiazza will discuss the allegations.
October 9, 2012
- Child Welfare Investigations | Video
- Arizona’s Department of Economic Services is opening an Office of Child Welfare Investigations at the end of the year. The new unit will coordinate with statewide local law enforcement and CPS case managers on cases of severe child abuse and/or neglect from which criminal allegations or charges may arise. Learn more about it from DES Director Clarence Carter and veteran Phoenix Police Detective Gregory McKay, who was selected to lead the new investigative unit.
April 4, 2012
- Allegations of Campaign Violations against AG | Video
- Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne responds to allegations that he violated campaign laws while running for office in 2010.
- Sheriff Arpaio & U.S. Justice Department | Video
- Talks between the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Department of Justice broke-down this week as they were trying to resolve a dispute over Justice Department allegations that the Sheriff’s Office engaged in a pattern of racial profiling. Arizona Republic reporter JJ Hensley provides details of the story.
February 20, 2012
- Sheriff Paul Babeu | Video
- Marcus Dell’Artino of FirstStrategic, Communications & Public Affairs comments on the political fallout facing Pinal County Sheriff and Congressional candidate Paul Babeu after allegations that the Sheriff threatened to deport an ex boyfriend.
November 2, 2011
- Senate Vote to Remove Colleen Mathis from the IRC | Video
- At the Governor’s request, the Arizona Senate voted to remove Colleen Mathis from the Independent Redistricting Commission on allegations of “gross misconduct”. Senate Majority Whip Steve Pierce and Senate Minority Leader David Schapira discuss the Senate’s decision.
December 13, 2010
- Thomas Allegations | Video
- Former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas and one of his former deputies are facing serious ethics allegations in an investigation commissioned by the Arizona Supreme Court. Phoenix School of Law Associate Professor Keith Swisher talks about lawyer ethics and the attorney discipline process as they relate to the alleged ethical lapses by Thomas.
February 13, 2006
May 31, 2005
- school district controversies
- The Arizona Attorney General is investigating reports of possible financial mismanagement in the Colorado City School District and the Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction says his investigation has confirmed allegations that Mexico residents are attending Arizona schools. Both Terry Goddard and Tom Horne will discuss these issues.