Search Results for: airplanes
February 14, 2013
- US Airways Merger Finalized | Video
- U.S. Airways and American Airlines made it official that the two carriers will merge to create the world's biggest airline. The new airline will be called American Airlines, be headed by current U.S. Airways chair Doug Parker, and be based in Dallas.
November 13, 2012
- US Airways Study | Video
- Elliott Pollack talks about a study his firm conducted that takes a look at the economic impact of US Airways on the Valleyâ€™s economy and losses that could occur if the company merges with another airline and moves its operational hub to another state.
June 12, 2012
- U.S. Airways Merger | Video
- Adjunct Professor of Global Marketing for the Thunderbird School of Global Management Rick Baer talks about the potential impacts of a merger between US Airways and American Airlines from a marketing perspective.
April 23, 2012
August 22, 2006
- sky Harbor Security
- There are some new restrictions for airline passengers related to the terrorism plot uncovered on August 9. British law enforcement made multiple arrests on suspicion of plotting to blow up passenger planes. The alleged plan was to simultaneously blow up several aircraft heading to the United States using benign liquids to make an explosive. For that reason, the U.S. Government raised the nation’s threat level and is prohibiting any liquids, including beverages, gels, and lotions from being carried onto airplanes. What does this mean in terms of security at Sky Harbor Airport? Paul Blue, Assistant Aviation Director at Sky Harbor Airport joins HORIZON.