Search Results for: agreement
January 17, 2013
- Fix the Debt | Video
- Arizona has joined Fix the Debt, a nonpartisan campaign to encourage our leaders in Washington, D.C. to reach a comprehensive agreement on reforms that will improve America’s fiscal health. Learn more about the campaign from members of the Fix the Debt Arizona Steering Committee, former Arizona Attorney General and new CAP Board member, Terry Goddard, and Glenn Hamer, President and CEO of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
November 26, 2012
- U.S.-Mexico Colorado River Water Agreement | Video
- The United States and Mexico have a new agreement on Colorado River water. The new deal will allow the U.S. to get a one-time increased allotment from the river in exchange for $10 million and helping Mexico to repair canals damaged in a 2010 earthquake. It also lets Mexico store water in Lake Mead, which will boost water levels by 15 feet and could lead to more tourism at the lake.
October 15, 2012
- Mayo Clinic Telestroke Program | Video
- A recent agreement between Tuba City Regional Health Care and Mayo Clinic in Arizona will bring state-of-the-art stroke care to Navajo and Hopi patients through telemedicine. Dr. Bert Vargas, a Mayo Clinic telestroke neurologist, will talk about the new program, set to start in November.
June 27, 2012
May 21, 2012
- Agreement in Lawsuit Over Services for the Seriously Mentally Ill | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer and plaintiffs in the 1981 Arnold v. Sarn lawsuit have signed a 2-year agreement that creates a framework for improving services for people who have serious mental illnesses. Dr. Laura Nelson, Director of the Division of Behavioral Health for the Arizona Department of Health Services, and plaintiffs’ attorney Anne Ronan discuss details of the agreement.
May 8, 2012
- Selling the Phoenix Coyotes | Video
- The NHL has announced a preliminary agreement to sell the Phoenix Coyotes to a group of buyers led by former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison. Phoenix Business Journal reporter Mike Sunnucks explains what must happen to formalize the agreement.
April 30, 2012
February 2, 2010
- CityNorth Tax Incentives | Video
- What the Arizona Supreme Court ruling on a tax incentive agreement between the City of Phoenix and the developer of the CityNorth retail development means for the future of similar tax incentive deals.
July 29, 2009
- Budget Agreement | Video
- Arizona Guardian reporter Dennis Welch provides an update on a budget agreement between the Governor and Republican legislative leaders.
June 12, 2007
- County Island Fire Coverage
- County island areas in the town of Gilbert have been at the center of controversy regarding the fire coverage. A bill that allows non-touching county islands to form fire districts was recently passed by the legislature and allowed by the Governor to go into law without her signature. The law would require the surrounding municipality to provide fire and emergency services for a fee if the district doesn't have a private provider or a service agreement.
May 17, 2007
- Immigration Bill
- A group of senators has reached agreement with the Bush Administration on an immigration bill that would give legal status to those already here after toughening enforcement on the border. Arizona Republic Columnist Bob Robb will give us an update.
June 14, 2006
- Teacher Pay Raise
- Will the legislature and the governor come to an agreement before the July 1 budget deadline? HORIZON talks to legislators about the new budget proposals for teacher salaries and retirement.
May 5, 2005
- First Thursday: The Governor on HORIZON
- Budget negotiations between the Governor and state lawmakers have finally borne some fruit. The two sides came to an agreement after a veto of the first budget and Governor Napolitano now holds the record for the most number of vetoes by a Governor. And the Governor met today with the nation's homeland security director who was visiting the border in Arizona, all issues we'll discuss with the Governor.
April 20, 2005
- Arizona Education Report Card: Universities
- Continuing our education series, ASU, the City of Phoenix, working together on a 15,000 student campus for ASU in downtown Phoenix. That agreement that will make it possible is announced today. And another approach to preparing for future university growth, the Board of Regents project to redesign the university system.
April 8, 2005
- Journalists Roundtable
- some state lawmakers making the trek to Southern Arizona border to check up on the minuteman project. It appears progress is being made between Governor Janet Napolitano and Republican legislative leaders on a new budget agreement, with some suggesting the two sides are getting close to a deal. And just a week after announcing a plan for a ballot initiative on classroom spending that proposal has run into trouble.