Search Results for: adults
April 22, 2015
- Experience Corps | Video
- Thousands of experienced adults across the country are working to make a difference in their communities through the AARP Experience Corps program. Tempe’s AARP Experience Corps Volunteer Information Session will be held Thursday, May 7. We’ll show you how the program that pairs children with seniors is paying off in the classroom.
November 5, 2014
- Arizona Giving and Leading: Experience Matters | Video
- Experience Matters is a Phoenix organization that connects retired adults with non-profit groups that can benefit from their talents. Experience Matters CEO Nora Hannah will talk about what Experience Matters has to offer.
September 11, 2014
March 3, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Higher Octave Healing | Video
- The therapists at Higher Octave Healing know that music not only touches people, but can help heal them. This non-profit provides a variety of music therapy for Arizona children, teens and adults. We’ll introduce you to members of Higher Octave’s rock band and learn how music is making a difference in their lives.
December 18, 2013
- Aging Initiatives Grants | Video
- Valley communities will be better able to fight social isolation and strengthen the connections that older adults have, thanks to two new grants awarded to the Greater Phoenix Age-Friendly Network. The funding will help three pilot communities launch new programs to help older adults live independently. Amy St. Peter, the Maricopa Association of Governments Human Services manager, will talk about how the money will be used.
January 9, 2013
- Adult Education | Video
- The East Valley Institute of Technology’s career training programs aren’t just for high school students. They’re also for adults making a career change or wanting to acquire skills that will help them compete in today’s competitive job market. EVIT’s Adult Education Consultant and State Senator David Schapira talks about the state of adult education in Arizona.
October 3, 2012
- Medicaid Coverage for Childless Adults | Video
- Arizona Republic reporter Mary K. Reinhart explains why thousands of childless adults could lose their Medicaid coverage under the State’s AHCCCS program at the end of 2013.
August 4, 2011
- Medicaid Enrollment Freeze Hearing | Video
- Arizona has capped enrollment for childless adults in the state’s Medicaid program known as AHCCCS. Meanwhile, a challenge to the enrollment freeze was heard this week in Superior court. Arizona Republic Reporter Mary K. Reinhart talks about what went on at the hearing.
July 7, 2011
- Medicaid Enrollment Freeze | Video
- Anne Ronan from the Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest discusses the impact of freezing enrollment for childless adults in the AHCCCS program.
January 28, 2010
- Mental Health Services | Video
- Arizona is under a court order to provide services for people with serious mental illnesses, as required by state law. But as part of her budget plan, Governor Jan Brewer wants to remove that law from the books and eliminate most non Title XIX (Medicaid) funding for 14,600 adults with serious mental illnesses. Attorneys Charles “Chick” Arnold and Anne Ronan discuss their concerns and possible repercussions of the Governor’s plan.
January 22, 2009
- KidsCare | Video
- The state-run health insurance program that provides affordable coverage for children and adults who do not qualify for Medicaid celebrates its 10th birthday as lawmakers consider eliminating the program completely. Guest: Matt Jewett, Children's Action Alliance.
October 30, 2007
- Underage Drinking
- Governor Napolitano and the Arizona Underage Drinking Prevention Committee has launched a new public awareness campaign that calls on parents and adults to "Draw the Line" against underage drinking. Holly Orozco, Governor's Senior Advisor on Substance Abuse Policy and Manuel Medina, Vice President of Diversity for Terros Behavioral Health Services join the studio discussion.
Learn more. Visit the Draw the Line Against Underage Drinking program Web site.