Search Results for: adult
April 17, 2014
- Arizona Artbeat: Painting with a Twist | Video
- Painting with a Twist is a Tempe school where a professional artist will teach you to paint step-by-step. The twist is you get to bring your own favorite adult beverage to the class. We’ll take a look at Painting with a Twist.
February 4, 2014
- Flu Update | Video
- The flu has turned deadly in Arizona, with at least one adult and one pediatric death being reported in Yuma County. State health officials say it is widespread in the highest category possible. Jessica Rigler, Bureau Chief for the State Bureau of Epidemiology and Disease control, will give us a flu update.
August 12, 2013
- Beatitudes Dementia Care | Video
- A long-term care community in Arizona is receiving national recognition for its best practices in dementia care. Beatitudes Campus has created replicable ways to decrease drugs prescribed, eliminate physical restraints, stop adult diaper usage and increase the comfort of patients. Arizona Horizon visited the Beatitudes Campus to see the ground-breaking principles in use.
January 29, 2013
- Adult Probation Program | Video
- A look at recent successes within Arizona’s Adult Probation Program with Kathy Waters, director of the Division of Adult Probation Services for the Arizona Supreme Court. State Schools Chief John Huppenthal, the chairman of the state Senate Judiciary Committee who sponsored the probation-reform bill, gives his take on the issue.
January 9, 2013
- Adult Education | Video
- The East Valley Institute of Technology’s career training programs aren’t just for high school students. They’re also for adults making a career change or wanting to acquire skills that will help them compete in today’s competitive job market. EVIT’s Adult Education Consultant and State Senator David Schapira talks about the state of adult education in Arizona.
September 28, 2006
- Proposition 300
- Proposition 300 was put on the ballot by the legislature to expand proposition 200 which was passed 2 years ago to deny government services to illegal aliens. It would ban illegal immigrants from taking adult education classes offered by the Arizona Department of Education. It would not allow illegal immigrants to pay instate tuition at colleges. It would ban illegal immigrants from getting state financial aid or child care subsidies and requires that the measure be administered, discrimination-free.
March 29, 2005
- Illegal Immigrant Benefits
- Adult education classes, college scholarships and child care subsidies would all be denied to illegal aliens, under a bill working its way through the legislature.