Search Results for: adopt
May 28, 2014
- AZ Giving and Leading: Fix.Adopt.Save. Campaign | Video
- Nearly 90,000 dogs and cats came into Maricopa County shelters last year, the second highest county intake in the U.S. after Los Angeles County. There is a solution. The Fix.Adopt.Save. initiative is designed to increase spay/neuter surgeries and adoptions. Heather Sheston, project manager for Fix.Adopt.Save., and Melissa Gable, a spokeswoman of Maricopa County Animal Care and Control, will discuss the issue.
April 29, 2014
- Arizona Artbeat: Planter Art | Video
- People driving along Grand Avenue in Phoenix may have noticed artists working on planters, putting their own personal touch on the pots. The Adopt-a-Planter project is working to attract visitors to the art galleries on 12th Avenue and Grand. We’ll take a look at one artist’s vision for decorating her planter.
February 9, 2012
- Adopt a Pound Dog | Video
- Dozens of “E-list” dogs (those scheduled to be euthanized) are being transferred from shelters all over the state to Tempe for a special pet adoption event February 11th and 12th. Longtime pet rescue volunteer Cathy LaSausa will speak about the event and how to reduce the number of dogs that end up on the “E-list."
June 24, 2010
- Ballot Measure Descriptions | Video
- This week, state lawmakers adopt the official Legislative Council descriptions of ballot measures that will appear in November’s general election publicity pamphlet. Longtime state lawmaker Pete Rios explains the process and politics involved in coming up with impartial analyses of the ballot measures.
May 18, 2006
- New CPR
- It's Emergency Medical Services Week and Horizon introduces us to the new CPR called the Cardiocerebral Resuscitation and Arizona is the first state to adopt it. A survivor who was treated with the new Cardiocerebral Resuscitation will share his experience and Dr. Ben Bobrow, Medical Doctor of the Arizona DPH, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services will talk with Michael Grant about Arizona's effort to educate the public on the new CPR.