Search Results for: academics
April 13, 2015
- Sustainability: Biosphere2 Conference | Video
- A national workshop is being held at Biosphere2, the self-contained facility in Southern Arizona that contains several artificial ecosystems. The workshop will include academics and business leaders who will be looking at how to deliver food, energy and water more efficiently. It’s the first of several national workshops sponsored by the National Science Foundation. Ardeth Barnhart, program director of renewable energy at the University of Arizona and Kim Ogden, professor of chemical and environmental engineering, also at the U of A, will discuss the conference and its goals.
May 6, 2010
- Move on When Ready | Video
- State lawmakers passed a bill that allows high school students to advance academically and move on to college or career and technical study when they prove they’re capable of doing so. Learn more about “Move on When Ready” with program advocate Sybil Francis, executive director of the Center for the Future of Arizona.
June 15, 2006
- ASU Summer Institute on Community
- Arizona State University and Valley of the Sun United Way are partnering for a three-day workshop focused on strengthening connections between various community groups, researchers, academics, students and social service professionals. The program will provide students and community organizations to the most recent developments in community research and practice. Valley of the Sun United Way Vice President, Community Initiatives Trinity Donovan joins Michael Grant in the studio.
To learn more, visit the ASU Summer Institute Web site.