Search Results for: UofA
August 14, 2014
- U of A Self-Driving Car | Video
- Eight University of Arizona engineering and computer science students from across the nation have been working this summer to advance driverless car technology. Using the University of Arizona’s Cognitive and Autonomous Test – or CAT – vehicle, they have been conducting research on autonomous vehicles. One of those students, Carlos Asuncion, will talk about his work, along with Jonathan Sprinkle, a professor from the U of A Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
July 9, 2012
April 26, 2012
- Arizona Town Hall: Civic Engagement | Video
- The 100th Arizona Town Hall is exploring the topic of civic engagement and how to get citizens more involved in their government and their communities. Guests include: Kelly Campbell Rawlings, an assistant Research Professor and Co-Director of the Participatory Governance Initiative for ASU’s School of Public Affairs; Jane Prescott-Smith, Managing Director of the National Institute of Civil Discourse at the UofA; and Alberto Olivas, Director of the Center for Civic Participation for Maricopa Community Colleges.
August 18, 2011
- UofA President | Video
- Interim University of Arizona President Eugene Sander discusses his role and priorities at the UofA.
May 18, 2011
- Arizona Technology and Innovation: Rapid DNA Testing | Video
- After Osama bin Laden was killed, his identity was quickly verified through DNA. It likely required massive equipment in a nearby command center, but the UofA is working on technology to make the process more portable. Dr. Frederick Zenhausern, Director of the Center for Applied Nano-bioscience and Medicine at the UA Medical School in Phoenix, discusses the development of Rapid DNA testing equipment.
June 27, 2006
- A Decade of Education and Innovation
- Dr. Peter Likins, president of the University of Arizona will be retiring soon from the post he's held for nearly 10 years. Likins offers a look back at his time at the UofA and talks about his future plans.