Search Results for: U S Census
June 24, 2014
- Buckeye Growth | Video
- In 2012, the U.S. Census Bureau named Buckeye the ninth-fastest growing city in the country. When it comes to land area, Buckeye is the biggest city in the state at 600 square miles. As Buckeye rebounds from the housing crash, leaders are focused on positioning the westernmost Phoenix suburb as "Open for Business."
August 1, 2011
- Housing Vacancy Rate | Video
- Real Estate Analyst Elliott Pollack discusses the state of the valley’s real estate market and what the latest Census numbers say about vacant homes.
July 26, 2011
- Housing Vacancy Rate | Video
- The latest census data show a staggering number of vacant homes in the Valley. East Valley real estate broker Cindy Sessions and Fletcher Wilcox, a vice president and real estate analyst for Grand Canyon Title Agency, discuss what the numbers say about the area’s real estate market.
May 12, 2011
- Arizona Census Data | Video
- New Census data show the median age in Arizona has gone up. Arizona State Demographer Bill Schooling discusses that and other interesting information revealed by the latest numbers.
May 5, 2010
- The Census and Latinos | Video
- Lydia Guzman, President of Somos America, and a Census volunteer who provides outreach to the Valley’s Latino community, talks about how Arizona’s new immigration law is impacting U.S. Census efforts in Latino neighborhoods.
October 20, 2008
- Census | Video
- Census officials are worried about an undercount in the Hispanic community in the next census. Dr. Steve Murdock, the director of the U.S. Census, discusses this issue and others regarding the 2010 census.
- Leonard Downie, Jr. | Video
- Leonard Downie, Jr., the former executive publisher of The Washington Post, talks about media issues, including how the media is covering the presidential race and the future of newspapers.
July 29, 2008
- Hispanic Census | Video
- We examine the importance of the census to the Hispanic community's political power.
August 22, 2006
September 19, 2005
- Arizona's Health Insurance Crisis
- Part one of four This week's four-part series begins with an examination of why it's so difficult for so many to obtain health insurance coverage. Also, AHCCCS Medical Director Dr. John Molina joins Michael Grant to discuss the recent DES disclosure that cites Wal-Mart as the employer of the largest number of Arizonans on AHCCCS.
- Arizona Stories: The Lowell Obervatory
- This Flagstaff fixture has played an integral role in the history of astronomy. Learn about the observatory's many contributions to the field.
August 30, 2005
- senator Jon Kyl
- U.S. Senator Jon Kyl joins host Michael Grant to talk about his immigration reform bill, border security, Arizona's water supply and the Federal Transportation Bill.
- In an effort to quantify ballooning Maricopa County population figures, a mid-decade census survey will be mailed out to residents next week. The survey is important because the state returns nearly $1 billion in tax dollars each year to cities and towns based on population.