Search Results for: U.S. Army
May 7, 2013
- Focus on Sustainability: Phoenix Cool Roofs | Video
- The city of Phoenix has started a project to paint 70,000 square feet of rooftops white to cut energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Over the next year, an army of volunteers will paint rooftops at community centers, fire stations and housing communities as part of a $100,000 service grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies. Cynthia Aguilar, of the Phoenix Manager's Office, will talk about the Cool Roofs project.
June 15, 2011
November 10, 2010
- Military Veterans | Video
- Mike Odom, a Navy veteran of World War II, witnessed the Japanese surrender aboard the battleship Missouri. Arden Rowley, an Army veteran of the Korean War, was a prisoner of war for nearly three years. Hear both men’s stories about their military service and how it changed their lives.
November 11, 2008
- Veterans Day Special | Video
- Hear the captivating stories of two Iraq War Veterans as they recount their experiences. Sergeant Tim Hernandez and Navy Hospital Corpsman Kevin Ivory talk about their involvement in three explosions.
May 2, 2007
- state Lawmaker/Soldier
- We talk with Arizona State Representative Jonathan Paton of Tucson about war, and his recent service as an Army Intelligence Officer in Iraq.
September 8, 2005
- Urban League Anniversary
- For 60 years now, the Urban League of Phoenix has been serving the needs of the underprivileged in the Valley. George Dean of the Urban League talks about his organization, which originally started to serve the needs of African-Americans, but expanded to serve the needs of the underprivileged of all races.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- With the death of U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist, President Bush has elevated John Roberts' nomination to take over as Chief Justice. George Watson, an ASU professor who has written a book about the nomination process, will talk about the Roberts' nomination and what it means to the court.
- salvation Army Hurricane Relief
- The Salvation Army has set up a donation center to help victims of Hurricane Katrina now living in Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix. The center has been a huge success, with Valley residents responding quickly to the needs of the hurricane survivors. We'll talk to a Salvation Army official about the relief effort.
June 29, 2005
- County Attorney
- Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas joins Michael Grant to talk about topics including attorney staffing issues in his office, identity theft, green swimming pool code violations, and the decision not to prosecute Sgt. Patrick Haab, an army reservist who held seven undocumented immigrants at gunpoint at an Arizona rest stop in April.