Search Results for: Medicare
October 30, 2013
- Medicare and Social Security | Video
- Cheryl Mathei, AARP national senior policy strategist, will discuss the status of proposals currently being considered in Washington for changing Medicare and Social Security.
May 14, 2013
- Medicaid Expansion Report | Video
- The Grand Canyon Institute, a centrist public policy think-tank, has released a new analysis of Medicaid expansion in Arizona. The report examines three scenarios regarding Medicaid expansion over the first three full years of implementation. David Wells, research director for the institute, will talk about the report.
March 14, 2013
- Medicaid Expansion Bill | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer has introduced a bill to expand Arizona’s health coverage for the poor to include 300,000 more people. Hear the pros and cons of the idea. Representative John Kavanagh will speak about the cons of the bill.
February 25, 2013
- Medicaid Expansion/Hospital Assessments | Video
- Governor Jan Brewer has proposed allowing the director of the state’s health care plan for the poor to assess a levy on hospitals to pay for an expansion of Medicaid in Arizona. Byron Schlomach of the Goldwater Institute and John Arnold, Governor Brewer’s Budget Director, will discuss the pros and cons of the idea.
October 3, 2012
- Medicaid Coverage for Childless Adults | Video
- Arizona Republic reporter Mary K. Reinhart explains why thousands of childless adults could lose their Medicaid coverage under the State’s AHCCCS program at the end of 2013.
August 1, 2012
- 47 Years of Medicare & Medicaid | Video
- 47 years ago the nation’s Medicaid and Medicare programs were born. We’ll take a look at the history and evolution of those programs and the challenges they’re facing today with a special emphasis on Arizona’s Medicaid program, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), which is now in its 30th year. Guests include AHCCCS Director Tom Betlach and AARP Arizona State President Dr. Leonard Kirschner who is a former AHCCCS Director (1987-1993).
July 19, 2012
October 24, 2011
- Medicare Study | Video
- New research from the W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU is shows that the Medicare Part D program is preventing wasteful spending on health care. The study’s lead author, Jonathan Ketcham, talks about the research and its implications for health care in general.
November 24, 2010
- Medicare Payments | Video
- AARP wants Congress to stop a cut in Medicare payments to doctors from taking effect at the end of the year. The organization says a 25% cut in reimbursement rates could make it difficult for seniors to find doctors willing to see Medicare patients. David Mitchell, AARP Arizona State Director, and Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, Arizona Medical Association, discuss the issue.
May 3, 2006
- Medicare Deadline
- The deadline for enrollment in new Medicare drug plans is May 15th. In a special edition of HORIZON, find out what seniors need to do if they haven't yet enrolled.
March 10, 2006
- Medicare deadline
- The Medicare deadline is fast approaching. The program is known for its complexities, but the state has developed the 'benefits checkup' which can assist with determining what service is right for each person.
February 6, 2006
- Medicare Prescription Plan
- The new Medicare prescription drug plan got off to a rocky start. David Mitchell, State Director for AARP and Tom Betlach, Deputy Director for AHCCCS join us to discuss the problems and what you can do about them.
January 19, 2006
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- David Mitchell, the Arizona State Director of the AARP, and Tom Betlach of the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System join us to discuss recent problems with the new Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
November 17, 2005
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- sign up has started for the new Medicare prescription drug program. But choosing a plan can be daunting. Lupe Solis of AARP and Heather Daniel of the Foundation for Senior Living explain how to best choose a plan and how to get more information.