Search Results for: McGuire
April 8, 2015
- Rolling Stone Rape Article | Video
- A Rolling Stone magazine article on an alleged gang rape of a student at the University of Virginia has been discredited. Arizona State University journalism professor Tim McGuire will discuss the damage the article has done to journalism.
September 10, 2012
- The Future of News Media | Video
- Republic Media Senior Vice President Randy Lovely, ASU Journalism Professor Tim McGuire, and KPHO CBS 5 General Manager Ed Munson Jr. talk about the future and economic viability of news media in a digital age.
June 4, 2012
- The Future of Journalism | Video
- The web has changed many aspects of our lives, including the dissemination of news. Some predict the death of newspapers, while media companies struggle to figure out a revenue model that works in the digital age. Arizona State University Journalism Professor Tim McGuire discusses the future of journalism.
October 3, 2011
- The Future of Media | Video
- The Federal Communications Commission is meeting in Phoenix to examine information needs of communities and the future of news media in a changing media landscape. Join us for a look at the issues with Leonard Downie Jr., former executive editor of The Washington Post and Weil Family Professor of Journalism at ASU’s Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications; and Tim McGuire the Cronkite School’s Frank Russell Chair for the business of journalism and former editor and Senior Vice President of the Star Tribune in Minneapolis.
January 11, 2011
April 1, 2010
- Tablet computers | Video
- As Apple prepares for the release of its new tablet computer, the iPad, ASU journalism professor Tim McGuire shares his thoughts about how the device may impact the way we get our news.
November 2, 2009
- East Valley Tribune | Video
- ASU Professor of Journalism Tim McGuire talks about the announced closure of the East Valley Tribune.
September 22, 2009
- Newspaper Bailout | Video
- ASU Journalism professor, Tim McGuire shares his thoughts on proposed legislation to bail-out newspapers that are struggling in the current economy.
February 10, 2009
- Future of Journalism | Video
- Amid the economic downturn, the journalism industry is shifting from a print to an online medium, causing newspapers to cut ties with hundreds of reporters. Find out how several laid-off print journalists are taking their craft to the Web. Arizona State University Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication Professor Tim McGuire discusses the future of journalism.
October 8, 2008
- Newspaper industry changes | Video
- Tim McGuire, professor and Frank Russell Chair of Journalism at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University, talks with Ted Simons about the current state of the newspaper industry locally and potential changes for the future.