Search Results for: Leonard
April 8, 2014
- Attacks on Journalism | Video
- The Committee to Protect Journalists and Bloomberg News will host a public forum at the Arizona State University Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication regarding attacks on journalism. One of the Panelists, former Washington Post Executive Editor and now ASU Professor Leonard Downie Jr., will talk about the attacks, which come from sources such as the Obama Administration’s war on leaks and NSA surveillance.
August 1, 2012
- 47 Years of Medicare & Medicaid | Video
- 47 years ago the nation’s Medicaid and Medicare programs were born. We’ll take a look at the history and evolution of those programs and the challenges they’re facing today with a special emphasis on Arizona’s Medicaid program, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), which is now in its 30th year. Guests include AHCCCS Director Tom Betlach and AARP Arizona State President Dr. Leonard Kirschner who is a former AHCCCS Director (1987-1993).
July 18, 2012
- Local Accountability Journalism | Video
- Leonard Downie Jr, an ASU journalism professor and former executive editor of the Washington Post, talks about the future of local accountability journalism.
June 28, 2012
- Health Care Reform | Video
- Former AHCCCS director Dr. Leonard Kirschner and Dr. Daniel Lieberman, a Phoenix neurosurgeon, share their views on ObamaCare and what it will mean for Arizonans with and without health insurance.
October 3, 2011
- The Future of Media | Video
- The Federal Communications Commission is meeting in Phoenix to examine information needs of communities and the future of news media in a changing media landscape. Join us for a look at the issues with Leonard Downie Jr., former executive editor of The Washington Post and Weil Family Professor of Journalism at ASU’s Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications; and Tim McGuire the Cronkite School’s Frank Russell Chair for the business of journalism and former editor and Senior Vice President of the Star Tribune in Minneapolis.
January 6, 2011
- State Health Care | Video
- How state budget cuts are impacting services provided by AHCCCS, Arizona's Medicaid program, and how health providers can adapt to the changes. Guests include Banner Health CEO Peter Fine and Dr. Leonard Kirschner, President of AARP Arizona and a former director of AHCCCS.
February 2, 2009
- Leonard Downie Jr. | Video
- Former Washington Post Executive Editor Leonard Downie, Jr., has been hired to teach at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. We talk to Downie about his new post and his recently published novel, Rules of the Game.
December 17, 2008
- METRO Light Rail Users Guide | Video
- Get ready to ride the light rail when it rolls out for a public grand opening on December 27. METRO CEO Rick Simonetta previews the new method of public transportation for the Valley of the Sun.
METRO Light Rail Ride Guide
- Leonard Downie Jr. | Video
- Leonard Downie Jr. is joining the faculty of the Cronkite School of Journalism at ASU. The former executive publisher of the Washington Post talks about media issues, including the recent coverage of the presidential election and the future of newspapers.
October 20, 2008
- Census | Video
- Census officials are worried about an undercount in the Hispanic community in the next census. Dr. Steve Murdock, the director of the U.S. Census, discusses this issue and others regarding the 2010 census.
- Leonard Downie, Jr. | Video
- Leonard Downie, Jr., the former executive publisher of The Washington Post, talks about media issues, including how the media is covering the presidential race and the future of newspapers.
April 28, 2008
- &mddot; Leonard Pitts | Video
- A conversation with the nationally syndicated and Pulitzer prize-winning columnist about 9/11 and the candidacy of Barack Obama.