Search Results for: Colleen Mathis
April 21, 2014
- Child Abuse in Arizona | Video
- “Keeping Children Safe: Ask an Expert” is a show that will air on 8pm on Monday, April 21 on Eight Arizona PBS. During the show, viewers can call in and talk to an expert with their questions about child abuse and human trafficking. Leading up to that on Arizona Horizon, Maricopa County Juvenile Court presiding judge Colleen McNally will discuss the issue of child abuse in Arizona.
November 21, 2011
- Independent Redistricting Commission | Video
- IRC attorney Mary O’Grady talks about the redistricting process and the Arizona Supreme Court’s decision to reinstate Colleen Mathis as chairwoman of the IRC, after she was removed from office by the Governor with consent of the State Senate.
November 11, 2011
November 8, 2011
- IRC Chairwoman Ouster | Video
- Governor Brewer’s General Counsel Joe Sciarrotta, Jr. explains why the Governor removed Colleen Mathis from the Independent Redistricting Commission and the Governor’s position on an IRC lawsuit challenging Mathis’ ouster.
November 2, 2011
- Senate Vote to Remove Colleen Mathis from the IRC | Video
- At the Governor’s request, the Arizona Senate voted to remove Colleen Mathis from the Independent Redistricting Commission on allegations of “gross misconduct”. Senate Majority Whip Steve Pierce and Senate Minority Leader David Schapira discuss the Senate’s decision.
- Attorney for ousted IRC Chairwoman | Video
- Paul Charlton, an attorney representing former IRC Chairwoman Colleen Mathis, talks about his client’s ouster from the Commission she chaired.
October 3, 2011
- Phoenix Exports | Video
- A panel was held recently on Phoenix's position in the global community and how the educational, political systems and commercial markets are shaping the global future of Phoenix. Dr. John Mathis, an economist from the Thunderbird School of Global Management will discuss Phoenix’s role in global markets.
July 15, 2010
- Prop 302 – First Things First | Video
- At the general election in November, Prop 302 will ask voters if they want to continue using tobacco taxes to fund early childhood development and health programs through the voter-approved program known as First Things First. Debating the proposition are Nadine Mathis Basha, a board member for First Things First; and Kevin McCarthy, President of the Arizona Tax Research Association.
March 26, 2008
- school to Work Program | Video
- students considering a career in theater take a tour of Arizona State University�s Gammage Theater and learn what it takes to put on a play. HORIZON takes you behind the scenes of Gammage�s �School to Work� program.
October 8, 2007
December 13, 2005
- sky Harbor Update
- Did you know there is a "Stage and Go Lot" at Sky Harbor Airport where you can park for free and wait to pick up passengers? From parking to the new features of Terminal 4, there are a lot of changes at Sky Harbor Airport. We'll have an update with City of Phoenix Aviation Director David Kreitor.