Search Results for: Chicago Cubs
July 11, 2012
October 14, 2010
- Mesa Proposition 420 | Video
- Mesa voters will decide whether to allow the city to raise hotel taxes and use other funds to build a new facility for the Chicago Cubs. Mark Killian, former lawmaker and head of the Department of Revenue, and Bob Kammrath of the Mesa Taxpayer’s Alliance will debate Proposition 420, which will be on the ballot in Mesa this November.
September 23, 2010
August 26, 2010
- ASU Human Rights Scholar | Video
- Meet Daniel Rothenberg, the new Executive Director of the Center for Law and Global Affairs at ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. He comes to ASU from the International Human Rights Law Institute at the De Paul University College of Law in Chicago. Learn about his plans for creating a set of human rights indicators, and hear his take on Arizona’s immigration debate.
April 5, 2010
- Cactus League Recap and the Chicago Cubs | Video
- A recap of the 2010 Cactus League season and a look at efforts to come up with a plan to finance a new spring training facility for the Chicago Cubs. Guests include Cactus League President Robert Brinton and State Representative John McComish.
January 28, 2010
September 8, 2009
- Keeping the Cubs | Video
- The Chicago Cubs are a Cactus League favorite, and Mesa, Arizona has been the team’s spring training home for decades. Now, there are rumors the Cubs could go to another State in return for better training facilities. Mesa Mayor Scott Smith talks about efforts to keep the Chicago Cubs spring training home in Mesa.
March 19, 2009
- L.A. Dodgers: New Spring Training Home | Video
- A tour of the new spring training home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox, Glendale's Camelback Ranch.
Ned Colletti, Los Angeles Dodgers General Manager, talks about moving the team's spring training headquarters from Vero Beach, Florida to Glendale, Arizona.
November 30, 2006
- Cactus League Shakeup
- HORIZON brings you an update on the possible shifting of the spring training homes of several Major League baseball teams, including the move of the Los Angeles Dodgers from Florida to Glendale and a possible move of the Chicago White Sox from Tucson to the Valley. We talk with Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs.